weird conversation with someone "with the temple police department"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooo, the other day I am driving up from Austin and I stop to get something to eat in Temple, TX. I am driving down a street that has angled parking spaces, and there are no empty spaces on my side but there are some on the other side (pointing the "wrong" way of course) So I pull up a little past them, reverse, and back into one of the angled parking spaces. There wasn't any traffic on this street so it didn't seem to me that i was creating any unnecessary risks. Park the car, walk into the restaurant and out comes this couple. The guy, who had a pedophile beard and rapist glasses immediately cops a pretty aggressive attitude and gets in my face about the parking, saying that its illegal (news to me) and that if I didn't move the car and park correctly he was going to to have it ticketed. After just staring at him, he announces that he's "with the temple police department" and then walks off.

Not wanting a problem over a pissant issue, I turn the car around and eat. So I've been researching the TX traffic statutes and city ordinances and cannot find anything that says backing into an angled parking spot is illegal except that the TX state statutes say that a municipality can establish an ordinance to allow angled parking.

So has anyone heard of this before? Legal? Illegal? Was this guy just suffering from a case of small penis syndrome?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aohhoneyno1.files.wordpress.com_2010_04_pedophile_beard.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom