Well FINE........Where are my fellow Air Force brothers and sisters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you were in Osan in '89? If so do you remember PACX-89 and all the squids being on base? I was there with VAQ-33 we brought one KA-3B(tanker) and three or four ERA-3B's with us. The Navy called them Shywarriors but those of us in the unit called them Whales. We partied so hard in Osan that I thought my kidneys were going to quit on me. Great place.

Oh and thanks for your service.(I retired from the Oklahoma Air Guard as a Tech Sargent.(2W171- Weapons Loader)
Let's say my memories of Osan are kind of blurry.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's say my memories of Osan are kind of blurry.

Ditto...I was down the road at Camp Humphreys.

Towards the end of my tour, they finally got around to putting a kitchen in the dorms...before that it was barbecue grill or microwave (we were on seperate rats because the Army chow hall wasn't setup to feed us).

One morning, with about a week to go in country, I decided to go down to the kitchen and make some scrambled eggs...and was carrying a 1/2 gallon of milk as I walked past one of our power production guys and he exclaimed, "Holy sh$t! That's the first time I've seen anything besides a beer in your hands for the last 11 months."

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retired E-7 from AF reserves.

four years active Army 75-79 before I got smart and went over to AF.....

Did another 25 in AF Reserves before retiring in 2004.

Short stints during that time at
Anderson AFB,Guam
Kadena, Okinawa
Hickam in Hawaii
Elmendorf in alaska
Travis, California
Dobbins, GA
McGuire, NJ
McChord, WA
Ramstein, Germany

2t2 Aerial Porter activated for Desert Shield/Desert Storm......

Popjim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Served 1957 - 1980. Was in SAC with B-47's, then B-52's. Lot's of reflex (TDY) to Spain, Germany, England and SE Asia.
Then with C-130's primarily in SE Asia.
Ended up my career flying a desk at Randolph AFB, TX

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
July 1967-July 1971. Spent 1968 as a C-130B Loadmaster flying around Kansas out of Forbes AFB. Our 47th Tac Airlift Squadron kept seven airplanes and crews in Panama, so I spent two seven-week rotations down there, flying all over South and Central America.

There were two bird colonels on the base who kept a nice Bonanza in the Aero Club hangar. They knew I had been a civilian flight instructor, so they pulled strings and had me taken out of the loadmaster program and moved over to manage the club.

That only lasted about six months until the IG found out about it (it was supposed to be a hired civilian position). I had to cross-train, so I went into Ops and finished my time in the 313th Wing DO's Training Section, helping keep the C-130 crews up on their upgrade and recurrent training.

Got out a SSGT. Sometimes I wish I'd stayed in . . .

. . . Then with C-130's primarily in SE Asia.

Popjim, you ever make it to Forbes?

Popjim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sky King: No was never assigned to Forbes, but flew into there several times!

I was active in the Aero Club at Whiteman AFB, in Missouri. We had a Bonanza, T-34, 150, 172, Skylane, and a Aeronca
Champ. It was great well run club with a nice variety of aircraft.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
January 1995 to December 2002 at Tinker Air Force Base. Enlisted aircrew on the E-3. Too many deployments to recall with an average TDY rate of 180+ days a year. Now a 50% service connected disabled veteran.

xrd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, IMA Reserve 8 years...
i148.photobucket.com_albums_s20_xrd_1500_abc9f313.jpg

... Army 2 years, USMC 10 years, USAF Reserve 8 years. RETIRED!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom