My brother's killer has been recommended for parole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Estranged Wife Testifies Husband Killed Policeman

Ray Robinson
Published: July 22, 1983

Arley Duncan was bound over for trial on a first-degree murder charge Thursday after a judge heard testimony from his estranged wife that Duncan held her at gunpoint and opened fire on the man she had been seeing Oklahoma City police officer George Taylor when he came to her door.

Dr. Barbara Gene Larey-Duncan said the mortally wounded officer told her "I love you" before he was taken to the hospital.

http://newsok.com/estranged-wife-testifies-husband-killed-policeman/article/2032983

Anyone have a subscription to newsok so we can read the rest of the news article?

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ray Robinson
Published: July 22, 1983

Arley Duncan was bound over for trial on a first-degree murder charge Thursday after a judge heard testimony from his estranged wife that Duncan held her at gunpoint and opened fire on the man she had been seeing Oklahoma City police officer George Taylor when he came to her door.

Advertisement

Dr. Barbara Gene Larey-Duncan said the mortally wounded officer told her "I love you" before he was taken to the hospital.

Oklahoma County Special Judge Leamon Freeman ordered Duncan held for trial on charges of kidnapping and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in connection with the June 15 incident that led to the off-duty police officer's death.

Mrs. Larey-Duncan, an intern at Hillcrest Osteopathic Hospital, said she arrived at her house at 7413 S Drexel the afternoon of the shooting to find Duncan in the front yard with the couple's 2 1/2-year-old daughter.

Once inside the house, she said, Duncan pulled a gun, cursed her and said: "You're going to die."

Mrs. Larey-Duncan said her husband held the gun to her head and instructed her to call Taylor and ask him to meet her at the hospital. But she said Duncan then ordered her to ask Taylor to come to the house when he called from the hospital.

"Tell him you love him," she said Duncan ordered. "Tell him to get over here."

When Taylor knocked at the door, Duncan opened it and began firing at the officer, she testified.

She said both men fired off three or four shots before Taylor fell in the front yard.

Asked by Oklahoma County District Attorney Robert H. Macy what happened next, she said: "After this was all over, he (Duncan) sat down on the front porch and started crying."

To questioning by Duncan's attorney, state Sen. Gene Stipe, she said that at one point during the siege, Duncan put his pistol down and said: "Pick it up and shoot me." She said she told him she did not know how to use a gun.

Read more: http://newsok.com/estranged-wife-testifies-husband-killed-policeman/article/2032983#ixzz1Ok7oJ79f

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kalifornia Lady

It seems we have no support or evidence of your story other than your single, solitary, and may I say, first post.

On the other hand, the archived news story seems to contradict your version of the events of 1983.

AND Arley Duncan was convicted by a jury that heard way more facts than we will ever read in this thread.

So....
Buh, Bye, Now :haay:

Kalifornia Lady

New to the site!
Reaction score
The court transcripts are a matter of public record if you care to read them. Of course the story contradicts my version of events. Any thing to do with Mr. Macy will always go in his favor, at the time. But he didn't get what he wanted the Death Sentence. That was in the court transcripts as well, that the judge threw out the kidnapping and assult and battery charges. Which it takes 3 chargers for a Death sentence. He knew his officer was in the wrong, and didn't follow protacol.

Buh, BYE Now

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The court transcripts are a matter of public record if you care to read them. Of course the story contradicts my version of events. Any thing to do with Mr. Macy will always go in his favor, at the time. But he didn't get what he wanted the Death Sentence. That was in the court transcripts as well, that the judge threw out the kidnapping and assult and battery charges. Which it takes 3 chargers for a Death sentence. He knew his officer was in the wrong, and didn't follow protacol.

Buh, BYE Now

Lulz!!!

Do they turn off the spellcheck when you are posting from prison?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Buh, BYE Now

Huh? :saywhat:

Someone left the door open at the kooky farm.

P

Phillip

Please be aware that you have not been given the correct information in this case. The entire transcript of the preliminary hearing,which was the only information given under oath, can be read @case #83-3116 online. Duncan is serving a life with the possibility of parole. This post caught my eye because I went to HS and college with Mr. Duncan and his family. I have silently followed this case for over 28 years. Had the Make My Day law been in place he would have never served a day. Taylor was off duty and having a sexual relationship with Mr.Duncan's wife when he came gun in hand to Duncan's residence and after trying to sneak in the backdoor came upon the front porch and began firing through the door. Taylor was not shot through the heart. Read the case. There are too many discrepencies to address in a post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom