My brother's killer has been recommended for parole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i grew up in the neighbor hood where this happened,ms. duncans story is twisted by her love for her father. Mr duncan was just another man who couldn't accept that his wife no longer loved him and he could no longer control her.they were estranged and she had meet and started a relationship with George Taylor.

In his jealous rage he made the Conscious decision to murder the man he felt was keeping his wife from loving him and he carried it out.

He should have recieved the death penalty ,but unlike George Taylor he got to live,albiet behind bars where he deserve's to be for the remainder of his life

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason Duncan didn't get a jury trial was because he waived his right to a jury trial. The only logical reason to waive one's right to a jury trial and allow a judge to decide is because they don't want a jury to hear the evidence. A judge is likely to be more dispassionate than a jury.

+1 Agreed!

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep checking the Pardon & Parole Board website, but ARLEY DUNCAN, DOC #133073, has not appeared for a clemency hearing yet. He was not on the September schedule, but the next scheduled clemency hearing appear to be December. My family has been fighting his release for 25 years now and have become quite familiar with the timelines and schedules of the regular pardon and parole bord. However, once he was recommended for parole, that introduced the Governor's clemency hearing process into the mix.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers as my family has struggled through this process. It is very comforting to know that my family is getting such thoughtful kindness and support from total strangers.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please be aware that you have not been given the correct information in this case. The entire transcript of the preliminary hearing,which was the only information given under oath, can be read @case #83-3116 online. Duncan is serving a life with the possibility of parole. This post caught my eye because I went to HS and college with Mr. Duncan and his family. I have silently followed this case for over 28 years. Had the Make My Day law been in place he would have never served a day. Taylor was off duty and having a sexual relationship with Mr.Duncan's wife when he came gun in hand to Duncan's residence and after trying to sneak in the backdoor came upon the front porch and began firing through the door. Taylor was not shot through the heart. Read the case. There are too many discrepencies to address in a post.
If he wasnt shot through the heart than why did the news articel say he was?
And the make my day law still wouldnt have applied as this was an ambush he was lured into by the ex wife.
She testified she called the officer while held hostage and with a gun pointed at her head by Duncan.
He committed pre meditated murder plain and simpel and your clsoe to troll bait

faithnichole123

New to the site!
Reaction score
Im sorry for your loss, and i do believe that it wasnt right.
Arley, My grandfather
I have met this man twice in my life,
i get letters all the time,
I wish i could see him everyday and have normal relationship with him, i understand how you feel but i wish you could understand how i feel, im14 and never see him, and it kills me

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
N
Im sorry for your loss, and i do believe that it wasnt right.
Arley, My grandfather
I have met this man twice in my life,
i get letters all the time,
I wish i could see him everyday and have normal relationship with him, i understand how you feel but i wish you could understand how i feel, im14 and never see him, and it kills me

While being sympathetic to your plight, it sucks never getting to see your grandfather, but this man made the conscious to murder someone.

How about the fact that Mr. Taylor's family can not even get a letter from the loved one whose life was taken.

Latest posts

Top Bottom