Well.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I can wash my truck now. its been a great year for me, saw lots of deer, had a phenomonal year on geese and ducks, had a couple decent quail hunts and managed to take a few nice predators in the process.

went out for a last day goose hunt today and got 5. should have limited out but thats how it goes.

while one of my friends was taking a shower last night his son, who just started shooting this year, got his dads phone and called me twice. he only let it ring once so i would call his dad to see whats up. i was gonna set the last weekend out but i figure if a kid wants to go that bad, i'm in. we laughed about it all morning and had a good hunt. i'll post a pic when i get a chance.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made my last quail hunt of the season this morning. I wanted to get out while the roads were frozen. Gunner and I didn't see anything. The snow was so high, that it was really tough walking. We hit three places, and finally called it a season.
The roads thawed out, so my truck REALLY needs washed. Hit every water hole on the road going home to get some of it.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have loved to go out this weekend but I had drill this weekend and my buddy with the decoys is burned out. Next year I hope to be set up better with decoys and equipment!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made the mistake of washing my truck this weekend. I hate having a clean truck, looks nice, but my activities are usually dirty. I saw some pigs out Saturday evening and wanted to go after them last night but remembered how long I spent on the truck and didn't want to muddy it back up the same day. Same thing this morning, I had to put off checking my pig traps and beaver traps. I figure one day is long enough for my truck to be clean, tonight I will go back to the usual routine, mud be damned.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can wash my truck now. its been a great year for me, saw lots of deer, had a phenomonal year on geese and ducks, had a couple decent quail hunts and managed to take a few nice predators in the process.

went out for a last day goose hunt today and got 5. should have limited out but thats how it goes.

while one of my friends was taking a shower last night his son, who just started shooting this year, got his dads phone and called me twice. he only let it ring once so i would call his dad to see whats up. i was gonna set the last weekend out but i figure if a kid wants to go that bad, i'm in. we laughed about it all morning and had a good hunt. i'll post a pic when i get a chance.

the young man on the left is the mystery caller. his brother will be shooting with us in a couple of years
ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_Image0113.jpg

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just kicked off my post season cleaning yesterday. Spent yesterday giving extra attention to the boom sticks and have been cleaning the truck today. Still have to pull all the decoys out of the truck and clean them (along with cleaning and repainting blinds) for the year

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just kicked off my post season cleaning yesterday. Spent yesterday giving extra attention to the boom sticks and have been cleaning the truck today. Still have to pull all the decoys out of the truck and clean them (along with cleaning and repainting blinds) for the year

ahh, the things we do to slop around in fridgid mud, i ask myself often "whats wrong with us"....

Latest posts

Top Bottom