Wen generators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So where is the Honda generator made? I just bought a new outboard boat motor and I looked at the Honda's and there small boat motors are made in China. And the Honda was the most expensive motor but still made in China. So all these generators are probably made in China. Sometimes name can be misleading. By the way, I ended up buying a Suzuki outboard, made in Thailand. LOL

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Champion Dual Fuel 3500 Watt generator. Love it. Was $1000 and is only a couple Decibles more than the twice as expensive Honda. Very happy with my unit so far.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the 3,800 inverter gen after the October ice storm. I’ve used it a few times after breaking it in just to check/try it out with various loads, and I’ve been very happy with it so far. It’s as quiet, or quieter, than my dad’s Honda eu3,000i, more wattage, and 1/3 the price. They are a US company and manufacture in China just like everybody else.

WEN makes a variety of inexpensive but nice tools as well. The pioneered and developed orbital technology, so you can thank them for orbital sanders, polishers, etc.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing I just remembered: Once a year, TX has a tax-free emergency prep weekend and generators qualify. If you are headed there anyway, might as well go that weekend and pick up a good unit.

I wish OK would run this too since we have the exact same emergency prep reasons.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/publications/98-1017.php/

These emergency preparation supplies qualify for tax exemption if purchased for a sales price:​

• Less than $3000
    • Portable generators
  • Less than $300
    • Emergency ladders
    • Hurricane shutters
  • Less than $75
    • Axes
    • Batteries, single or multipack (AAA cell, AA cell, C cell, D cell, 6 volt or 9 volt)
    • Can openers - nonelectric
    • Carbon monoxide detectors
    • Coolers and ice chests for food storage – nonelectric
    • Fire extinguishers
    • First aid kits
    • Fuel containers
    • Ground anchor systems and tie-down kits
    • Hatchets
    • Ice products - reusable and artificial
    • Light sources - portable self-powered (including battery operated)
      • Examples of items include: candles, flashlights and lanterns
    • Mobile telephone batteries and mobile telephone chargers
    • Radios - portable self-powered (including battery operated) - includes two-way and weather band radios
    • Smoke detectors
    • Tarps and other plastic sheeting

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should be able to get the Wen for around $400 shipped, no tax if you catch one of their sales. If you can afford to wait then definitely monitor sites like slickdeals.net for when it goes on sale. (you can set up a "deal alert" on the site and just use the keyword WEN to catch deals)
Thanks GC7. I went to that site and you saved me a 100$. Thanks again.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of the Predator 3500 from Harbor Freight but was around $700 on sale. Seems I might could've gotten a little better deal with Champion but the Predator is super quiet and has worked better than expected. Might look at one of those from Sam's if on sale and just leave it at our hunting property.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ryobi: the japanese brand that used to make Craftsman tools for Sears in Indiana, i *think* now sources chinese motors as well. i've heard good things about the current line of ryobi tools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom