Wen generators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking at a Wen 2250 inverter generator. Hondas price point is a deal breaker and Westinghouse customer support also a no go. So anyone have a Wen 2250? Good/bad what say you.View attachment 220671View attachment 220672
MOST Everything I own has a Honda on it, my mower is a honda, log splitter is Honda powered, and the tiller is also Honda powered, I am a believer in Honda you get what you pay for its the difference between having something run flawlessly for 10 to 20 years and one that dies within a few. My Honda mower is 10 years old and I have literally done nothing to it, changes the oil twice in 10 years I think, Still starts first pull every time. And I have a Champion Generator that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy its total garbage it only ruins on LP gas since it won’t rain on gasoline anymore, the next one will be a honda (unless i go the Generac route)

Last edited:

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the 3,800 inverter gen after the October ice storm. I’ve used it a few times after breaking it in just to check/try it out with various loads, and I’ve been very happy with it so far. It’s as quiet, or quieter, than my dad’s Honda eu3,000i, more wattage, and 1/3 the price. They are a US company and manufacture in China just like everybody else.

WEN makes a variety of inexpensive but nice tools as well. The pioneered and developed orbital technology, so you can thank them for orbital sanders, polishers, etc.
What brand did you buy?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of the $120 or so conversion kits to make my gas 5500W Coleman gen burn propane. Easy to install just a spacer between air filter and carb and drill a hole for the mount of the regulator. Works well and I can pour gas in the tank if needed to run that way also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom