went squirrel hunting today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgirl23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went squirrel hunting tonight heard them but didn't see anything. I sit in the blind for a bit and then started walking still nothing. I don't know why I didn't see anything.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't squirrel hunted in many years.
Back when I did, it was for my grandmother. She wanted two a year.
I hated cleaning them, as hair got everywhere, but found dunking them in a bucket of water helped.
What do you do?

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried this method and it works...! You have to make the tail cut just right or when you pull, it pulls the tail off. I think with a little bit of practice you could do it quick like he does. It also needs to be done while it's still warm, doesn't work well when the squirrel gets cold.

Squirrel Skinning

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried this method and it works...! You have to make the tail cut just right or when you pull, it pulls the tail off. I think with a little bit of practice you could do it quick like he does. It also needs to be done while it's still warm, doesn't work well when the squirrel gets cold.

Squirrel Skinning

That's worked for me. When I was younger I squirrel hunted frequently. Then later, I went a couple times a year for my late M-I-L (Cherokee). Haven't been in a while but have two super .22s and a great .410 in my safe.

Think I'll go before Feb.

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
Cut the skin crossway across the middle of the back. Pull the skin away from the body and get a finger of both hands under the skin and pull both ways. Or you can do it with two people. Cut the legs and head off as you get the skin down over them. Then gut.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got several HUGE Oak trees in my yard ... 100+ year old with 4-5ft diameter trunks.

Squirrel all over my trees... barking all day long at my dogs, daring them... never shoot em cause don't feel like eating squirrels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom