What’s your favorite hand held flash light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For years and years, I was a Surefire guy, but recently, I've switched to Streamlight. Mostly because of price, but I've also noticed that Streamlight kinda kicks Surefire's ass in the lumens department. They just got more useable light, plain and simple.

The one that deerslayer linked to you, the 1L-1AA is the model I carry. It gives you over 300 lumens with a single CR123, which is usually plenty of light, but if it dies, you can also pick up a cheap AA battery and your back in bizness. I also carry a Streamlight Microstream as a backup.

Stay away from rechargeables. While it sounds like a good idea and less cost as far as buying batteries, if you are ever away from your charger and it goes dead, there you are...stuck in the dark with no light. Trust me. This was a reality for me about 10 years ago. Taught me one helluva lesson. I haven't carried a rechargeable light since. I also tote a pair of extra batts, so if my light dies, I can just pop in a new one and keep on going.

Surefire make a good product but IMO they are like the Yeti of the flashlight world. Plenty of other flashlight manufactures have caught up to the Surefire features and performance but at a more reasonable price point.

On the CR123 vs Rechargbles; If you are worried about the 18650s going dead then bring a spare one like you would a spare CR123. Not sure I understand your issues with the 18650 lights.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surefire make a good product but IMO they are like the Yeti of the flashlight world. Plenty of other flashlight manufactures have caught up to the Surefire features and performance but at a more reasonable price point.

On the CR123 vs Rechargbles; If you are worried about the 18650s going dead then bring a spare one like you would a spare CR123. Not sure I understand your issues with the 18650 lights.

I think he was referring to the ones that charge via USB or a car outlet. But I could be wrong.

Personally I like the RCR123A rechargeable batteries myself. But they can blow out some regular cr123a torches as they’re 3.7 volts and not just 3.

Latest posts

Top Bottom