What Can Be Done To Curb The Wild Hog Population?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a dog, cat, possum, skunk, or coyote die from eating dead rats or just the poison?
Just one cottontail rabbit.

I don't care to argue, but surely you understand there's a difference between the impact a few ounces of poison versus tens (or hundreds) of pounds will have on wildlife or livestock. AFAIK, there is no poison that is 100% species specific.

I'm all for killing feral hogs. I don't think a landowner (or anyone he gives permission to) should be restricted in any way from hunting/trapping hogs, day or night, using dogs or any optical aid (night vision, IR, etc.) that's available.

I just don't think large amounts of poison is the way to go.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is yet another "issue" that is being decided by people without skin in the game. If the US went back to land owners being the only folks with a vote, that would radically change the political landscape of this country, and I believe it would solve a lot of the "problems" that shouldn't be problems.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is yet another "issue" that is being decided by people without skin in the game. If the US went back to land owners being the only folks with a vote, that would radically change the political landscape of this country, and I believe it would solve a lot of the "problems" that shouldn't be problems.
Or we could go to a system like a corporation. The more taxes you pay, the more votes you get. But yeah, I agree with your sentiment completely.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I caught 4 more this morning, but from the game cam pictures of the group, I'm not making much headway...

Attachments

• IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 134

Latest posts

Top Bottom