What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ok Wet tumbling gurus. This .40s&w brass was just done with stainless steel pins and Frankford Arsenal water soluble Instaclean.

Have any of y’all had success without the pins and just tumbling with hot water and either a soap or the packets I mentioned above.

IMG_2526.jpeg

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Wet tumbling gurus. This .40s&w brass was just done with stainless steel pins and Frankford Arsenal water soluble Instaclean.

Have any of y’all had success without the pins and just tumbling with hot water and either a soap or the packets I mentioned above.

View attachment 429300
No, I always use pins and my home recipe of 1.5 tbsp citric acid and 2 tbsp Dawn dish soap to a gallon of water. Cheap and works as well or better than the pre-packaged cleaners.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 quarts of warm water with 1/4 teaspoon of lemishine and either dawn or armorall ultra shine wash and wax and copper pins.
Only about 1/8 teaspoon of the "soap" and 45to 60 minutes.

I need the container to be only 1/2 full of cases and the rest to be liquid.

I have tried it without pins and the carbon in the primer pockets and some in the cases are still present and the outside of the rifle cases are not quite as clean either without pins.

Yes Copper pins.
Homemade.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grandson has been wanting to try my 458 Win. Mag, he’s 14 now so I decided to make up some loads that wouldn’t beat him up too bad, loaded 20 rounds with 385 grain cast bullets and 27 grains of 2400. He really liked those. He wanted to know how they compared to factory loads so I let him try one 500 grain cast load that’s pretty warm. Banged him up a little but he did have a big grin.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone load for 50 BMG? I’m looking for info if you do. I thinking of buying all the reloading components and want to know if it’s worth it. Yes I know the benefits of reloading and all the headaches. 10 dollars a shot of factory loaded ammo VS reloading.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@swampratt Ok brother, give it up.....tell me more about your homemade copper pins!
Stranded THHN wire 4 gauge to 1/0 . Inspect the wire diameters and see what will work for you.
I cut the sheating off of it then begin snipping that stranded wire into short pieces.
Kung Fu grip when all is finished.

I have extra wire laying around from projects so it was a NO cost approach.

Some may get stuck in the cases if the length is just right or in a primer hole.
You will figure out what size does not do that.

I toss the ones that get stuck.
For many years I have not had any stuck ones as they are all culled after a dozen or so runs.

Does anyone load for 50 BMG? I’m looking for info if you do. I thinking of buying all the reloading components and want to know if it’s worth it. Yes I know the benefits of reloading and all the headaches. 10 dollars a shot of factory loaded ammo VS reloading.

I do not but I did look into it and my old LEE classic cast iron press has an insert for standard dies that you can remove and use their 50 dies in it.
That is the way I was going to go.
Look here if you have not.
http://www.patsreloading.com/patsrel3/Items.aspx

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been loading .308 this morning since 4:45 am.
165 game king HPBT with Varget. 150 flat nose Speer with BLC-2 both in Winchester cases, 168 A-max with IMR4064 in neck turned Lapua cases.
Going to get some .243 70 gr noslers loaded now.

That is the plan anyway.
Want to hit Lexington range around noon today...... hopefully.

Latest posts

Top Bottom