What do you guys know about ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mild to moderate elevations. Normal bilirubin I assume? Any jaundice? Still got your gall bladder?
Could a ton of causes, fatty liver comes to mind. AST isn’t that high, so prob not ETOH . Since you claim to take a lot of Tylenol, that would seem a logical cause. Are you taking more than 2000mg/day? If yes, better stop.
I would review with your doc of course. Not folks on a gun forum, if you want to get better. If not Tylenol related, she can do more tests for follow-up. Fatty liver is treated with diet exercise, meds, etc.
Yep. Bilirubin is normal. Nope, gall bladder is history though I still have "gall bladder attacks." I've complained for at least a couple of years about the stomach pain but since my bloodwork was normal both the gastroenterologists I saw said to "eat smaller bites." So ... I just said **** it and stopped saying anything.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the Tylenol. That and I've eaten more ultraprocessed food in the last 2 months than I have in the previous 40 years. I actually prefer a nice steak or salmon with a salad over a hamburger and fries from anywhere on the planet. I should have a fully functional kitchen in 7 to 10 more days so this may be a self-correcting problem.

And I dunno why you're fussin' at me for asking here. I've gotten some great answers. A couple from actual health care professionals. 😉😘

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Mild to moderate elevations. Normal bilirubin I assume? Any jaundice? Still got your gall bladder?
Could a ton of causes, fatty liver comes to mind. AST isn’t that high, so prob not ETOH . Since you claim to take a lot of Tylenol, that would seem a logical cause. Are you taking more than 2000mg/day? If yes, better stop.
I would review with your doc of course. Not folks on a gun forum, if you want to get better. If not Tylenol related, she can do more tests for follow-up. Fatty liver is treated with diet exercise, meds, etc.
She said she's going to the doc on Tuesday.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had blood work done and my AST was 13 and the range was 20 to 35 on the paperwork I got. My ALT was 18 and the range was 9 to 46. I don't take any otc meds at all. I take vitamins and a real low dose blood psi med. I've been on the carnivore diet for about 9 weeks. My doctor went over 9 pages of the blood work with me and said my bad cholesterol was a little high but not enough to need meds for it. Everything else was good. He knew I was on the carnivore diet. I know this doesn't help you any. For an FYI for anyone thinking about going carnivore. I had good blood work results, I've lost 30 pounds, and I'm off Pantoprazole that I was taking for acid reflux for years.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had blood work done and my AST was 13 and the range was 20 to 35 on the paperwork I got. My ALT was 18 and the range was 9 to 46. I don't take any otc meds at all. I take vitamins and a real low dose blood psi med. I've been on the carnivore diet for about 9 weeks. My doctor went over 9 pages of the blood work with me and said my bad cholesterol was a little high but not enough to need meds for it. Everything else was good. He knew I was on the carnivore diet. I know this doesn't help you any. For an FYI for anyone thinking about going carnivore. I had good blood work results, I've lost 30 pounds, and I'm off Pantoprazole that I was taking for acid reflux for years.
Yeah, I was doing pretty good on the carnivore diet also. And I'll admit I've definitely not been carnivore since the remodel started (like 6 weeks ago? Maybe ... That sounds right.) Honestly, I can hardly wait to get back to it. I felt like a different person when I was eating that way.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Bilirubin is normal. Nope, gall bladder is history though I still have "gall bladder attacks." I've complained for at least a couple of years about the stomach pain but since my bloodwork was normal both the gastroenterologists I saw said to "eat smaller bites." So ... I just said **** it and stopped saying anything.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the Tylenol. That and I've eaten more ultraprocessed food in the last 2 months than I have in the previous 40 years. I actually prefer a nice steak or salmon with a salad over a hamburger and fries from anywhere on the planet. I should have a fully functional kitchen in 7 to 10 more days so this may be a self-correcting problem.

And I dunno why you're fussin' at me for asking here. I've gotten some great answers. A couple from actual health care professionals. 😉😘
Basically what Bob said. Tylenol is awful on the liver and its LD-50 is terribly low, for an OTC med. Basically that is how much it takes to kill 50% of the people that take that much. I remember one teenage girl that decided to kill herself with Tylenol, took it and changed her mind but didn't tell anyone till the next day. Too late, it killed her liver and she died, very sad case. I'm still not sure they should have ever made it OTC, despite how well it works on my headaches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom