What do you keep in your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is a 12 volt air inflator & what would it be used for?

Make sure and do your homework for a 12 Volt Inflator. The ones that plug into a cig lighter socket are marginal at best. Some may take 10-20 minutes to inflate a tire.

Look for one that will use clips like jumper cables to attach to the battery.

The superflow is one that comes to mind. I have used it to inflate a tractor tire. It will inflate a large pickup tire in a few minutes.

http://youtu.be/qkkB0XOuB8k

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Dennishoddy & HiredHand, good info to have!

For a lot of the tools I don't have, I plan to make a list, research & price them out, then buy a bit at a time so I don't blow my budget. I hate buying cheap crap that won't work when you need it!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll suggest this to everyone because almost every first aid kit I've ever seen is seriously lacking these...4x4 absorbent gauze pads, usually just labeled as "4x4's". When I was an EMT working both on FD rescue trucks and ambulances I discovered the one item we used more than anything was 4x4 pads. With any kind of moderate bleeding injury you will go through at least twenty and anything more serious you can go through 50 or more. Almost nobody has enough of these and ends up using unsterile materials like towels, t-shirts or rags. Buy 4x4's in bulk and understand that a single injury with moderate bleeding may use ever one you have so stock way more than you need. The first time you have to treat someone with a moderate to heavy bleeding injury you will be very happy that you over stocked.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll suggest this to everyone because almost every first aid kit I've ever seen is seriously lacking these...4x4 absorbent gauze pads, usually just labeled as "4x4's". When I was an EMT working both on FD rescue trucks and ambulances I discovered the one item we used more than anything was 4x4 pads. With any kind of moderate bleeding injury you will go through at least twenty and anything more serious you can go through 50 or more. Almost nobody has enough of these and ends up using unsterile materials like towels, t-shirts or rags. Buy 4x4's in bulk and understand that a single injury with moderate bleeding may use ever one you have so stock way more than you need. The first time you have to treat someone with a moderate to heavy bleeding injury you will be very happy that you over stocked.

What about Ladies Sanitary Pads? Bit embarrassed to ask, but why not?

Latest posts

Top Bottom