What do you see as the future of America?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The end times are upon us."

Try and find a time period when this wasn't a popular belief.

I think the future will unfold on its own in an unexpected manner, as it has a habit of doing.

I think the dire predictions expressed here tell us much more about the predictors than about any probable future.

I will assure you of one thing. We can't go "back" to the so called good old days. A lot of people are moving forward with their heads turned completely around.

There will be a future, with births, deaths, marriage and giving in marriage, big events, small kindnesses, and gross acts of violence. Each of us has his or her own sphere of influence. We affect the way others see the world. Many seem to be looking at the future with a combination of anger and fear (twin horns on the goat of futility). Passing that anger and fear along is to encourage a self fulfilling prophecy.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you saying he is wrong when he said "People who never compromise are the first to lose everything" or "The founders compromised all the time. They didn't need it pointed out to them"?

A truly wise person will ask when they do not understand instead of just jumping to conclusions. The statement of "The founders compromised all the time." is a complete line of horse hockey. If that were the case we would still be paying taxes direct to the Brits instead of going through the bummer middle man.

And for the boob talking about the civil war..........put the bong down you have had enough

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A truly wise person will ask when they do not understand instead of just jumping to conclusions. The statement of "The founders compromised all the time." is a complete line of horse hockey. If that were the case we would still be paying taxes direct to the Brits instead of going through the bummer middle man.

And for the boob talking about the civil war..........put the bong down you have had enough

Well you could always be less ignorant. But telling me to put down the bong makes you feel better.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be, that much is very true. However I feel you are needing company so I asked your mommy and she said it was ok that I pretend so you didn't feel lonely.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wot?

This might help keep your tantrum on track, for the sake of the thread: http://www.pbs.org/georgewashington/classroom/index3.html
The delegates also disagreed over the slave trade. By the time of the Constitutional Convention in 1789, some northern states had already outlawed slavery within their state borders. These states wanted a ban on the slave trade included in the Constitution. Southern slave states objected to a ban claiming that the slave trade was important to their agricultural economy. Finally, the two sides compromised agreeing to allow the slave trade to continue for twenty years after which time the Congress could regulate it. After 1808, Congress could abolish the slave trade and it did. In fact, by 1798 every state had already outlawed the slave trade on its own anyway (although South Carolina reinstated it in 1803) and eight of the thirteen states abolished slavery during the founding era.

Slavery, like other thorny issues at the convention, required thoughtful men to develop creative compromises.

Now, I think this is out of like 7th grade Civics, but we won't let that sidetrack us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom