What is inside your brick enclosed mailbox?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My postman told me the post office will hold mail back from being delivered if they know there is count coming up.
Basically at times the post office will get the mail counted to see what the volume is.
Save it up for the time they do the audit or counting to make it look like they deliver a lot of mail.

I may not have explained that right but he said it is BS what they do.
People need to get their stuff when it is ready.

My neighbor in Spencer built a heavy steel box because kids were pounding the stock box with bats on a drive by.
He noticed one day there was a small dent in it.
Wish we could have watched it :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, sir! I understand it during the holidays, breakdowns, running two routes because a carrier called in sick, etc. but we have this issue on a regular basis. Middle of summer, sometimes we don't get mail until 7:00PM. Last mail leaves the Enid MPO at 5:00pm. Our long time mail carrier retired about a year to eighteen months ago, and we've had this issue ever since.
We don't get our mail here in the sticks until after 6pm most days. Sometimes a little earlier, but never earlier than 5pm.
I've seen our delivery person's vehicle coming out of the post office parking lot. There is barely room for that person to sit inside. I don't know how they get it done at all.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My postman told me the post office will hold mail back from being delivered if they know there is count coming up.
Basically at times the post office will get the mail counted to see what the volume is.
Save it up for the time they do the audit or counting to make it look like they deliver a lot of mail.

I may not have explained that right but he said it is BS what they do.
People need to get their stuff when it is ready.

My neighbor in Spencer built a heavy steel box because kids were pounding the stock box with bats on a drive by.
He noticed one day there was a small dent in it.
Wish we could have watched it :)

Your Postman is either misinformed or lying to you. All mail is processed and delivered daily. If not, it must be reported and is dealt with accordingly. I hate when carriers who have never done anything else run their mouths like that. I have been a Carrier, Postmaster, Plant Manager, and Operations Manager. Trust me, he is full of sh— and you can tell him I said so. Mail is delayed sometimes due to various circumstances but is far from the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We don't get our mail here in the sticks until after 6pm most days. Sometimes a little earlier, but never earlier than 5pm.
I've seen our delivery person's vehicle coming out of the post office parking lot. There is barely room for that person to sit inside. I don't know how they get it done at all.

Shouldn’t be happening. The route is either too long and needs to be adjusted or the carrier has uncorrected performance issues. Based on the vehicle description, my bet is A.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We signed up recently for the "USPS Informed Delivery." Kinda' interesting. Six days a week, usually between 7:30 and 8:00AM, I get an email with photos of the mail I can expect that day. There are not always pics of every single piece of mail you will receive that day, and you don't always get all of that mail on that day. Caveat at the bottom of the page tells you it may actually take 'several days' for all of this mail to be delivered. Asks that you wait at least a week before reporting any missing mail. It seems like the 'important' stuff (i.e. bills) will get delivered that day. Junk mail and other promotional stuff, and lately, Christmas cards, may show up a day or two later.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We signed up recently for the "USPS Informed Delivery." Kinda' interesting. Six days a week, usually between 7:30 and 8:00AM, I get an email with photos of the mail I can expect that day. There are not always pics of every single piece of mail you will receive that day, and you don't always get all of that mail on that day. Caveat at the bottom of the page tells you it may actually take 'several days' for all of this mail to be delivered. Asks that you wait at least a week before reporting any missing mail. It seems like the 'important' stuff (i.e. bills) will get delivered that day. Junk mail and other promotional stuff, and lately, Christmas cards, may show up a day or two later.

I use that service as well. It's nice to know whether I need to get off my fat rump and go get the mail today or not. What annoys me is when there is a piece of mail shown that I need (I'm self employed, so I NEED those invoice checks when I see them) and then for some reason it doesn't show up that day. Or the next. I've had this happen on more than one occasion. Junk mail that is shown, that crap is always in there. My checks, that's iffy.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a relative that works at the same post office I will ask him and ask my mail carrier again.
Could just be a fishy deal going on in the yukon post office to get more funding or something.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It won’t get them more funding but it will get employees fired for deliberate delay of mail if that is happening. Just FYI, the rural carriers at Yukon PO are some of the biggest whinebags I’ve ever seen. Sorry if you have a relative who is one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be happening. The route is either too long and needs to be adjusted or the carrier has uncorrected performance issues. Based on the vehicle description, my bet is A.

I suspect the route is too long. There isn’t any grass growing under her feet or vehicle when I see her out and about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom