What is inside your brick enclosed mailbox?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
$20? Yeah, if I want a wal-mart looking cheapo mailbox setup. I'm talking I put the time, money and effort to make a nice looking mailbox I would want it to last past my lifetime, including if a neighbor gets drunk and thinks he's Sonic collecting coins with mailboxes as the coins.

This is one of the major problems I see with society. They want to shift the blame onto me, instead of the drunk/high idiot who was doing 50 mph on a residential street. I'm sorry, screw em. I've already had to rebuild my mailbox twice in less than 10 years. Next one I build is going to be sturdy enough to withstand a car hitting it. As I said, if they get injured from hitting my mailbox it means they were driving way too fast for a residential AND driving into my yard while doing so.

You da man. Good luck to you. Hope you get to keep the house in case you’re wrong. If someone hits your nice mailbox, their insurance will pay to replace it. But hey, you do you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concrete and an 8 inch I beam comes to mind.

I don't know if y'all know any mailbox you install whether it be personally manufactured or purchased is the property of the U.S. Postal Service. Any tampering with the mailbox is punishable by a $250,000 fine.

Rollpin

Immaculata, Who Are You?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2-5de52261cf619__700.jpg

3-5de52263a4d78-png__700.jpg

4-5de5226559136-png__700.jpg

5-5de5226702504-png__700.jpg

6-5de52268872a9-png__700.jpg

7-5de5226a48113-png__700.jpg

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Concrete and an 8 inch I beam comes to mind.

I don't know if y'all know any mailbox you install whether it be personally manufactured or purchased is the property of the U.S. Postal Service. Any tampering with the mailbox is punishable by a $250,000 fine.

Which I never saw enforced in almost 35 years of managing multiple post offices. I can understand the frustration of mail boxes getting destroyed, vandalized, or mail stolen. The culprit is almost never caught and if they are there isn’t a US Attorney in existence that will mess with filing charges. I’ve seen a couple of charges on serious mail theft rings but that’s it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which I never saw enforced in almost 35 years of managing multiple post offices. I can understand the frustration of mail boxes getting destroyed, vandalized, or mail stolen. The culprit is almost never caught and if they are there isn’t a US Attorney in existence that will mess with filing charges. I’ve seen a couple of charges on serious mail theft rings but that’s it.

Almost saw it enforced a couple of years ago.
I have a retired female school teacher as an only neighbor here in the sticks. Why in the hell she decided to move out here I don't have a clue but she has been a thorn in our side since.
One of the "Get off my Lawn" types. The rural delivery person has to make a circle across a side yard of hers to access the mailboxes. Hers and mine. She decided that location was not acceptable as no one is allowed to drive on HER grass and decided with her DIL to make new mailboxes and move them to the common road between our home and hers which is 275 yards apart.
Postmaster gave her 48 hours to move them back to the original location or mail delivery would stop.
She moved them back, and ringed the area where the postal driver must turn around with old dead logs and orange traffic cones. Crazy Biatch!
I'll take a pic tomorrow if I think of it.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost saw it enforced a couple of years ago.
I have a retired female school teacher as an only neighbor here in the sticks. Why in the hell she decided to move out here I don't have a clue but she has been a thorn in our side since.
One of the "Get off my Lawn" types. The rural delivery person has to make a circle across a side yard of hers to access the mailboxes. Hers and mine. She decided that location was not acceptable as no one is allowed to drive on HER grass and decided with her DIL to make new mailboxes and move them to the common road between our home and hers which is 275 yards apart.
Postmaster gave her 48 hours to move them back to the original location or mail delivery would stop.
She moved them back, and ringed the area where the postal driver must turn around with old dead logs and orange traffic cones. Crazy Biatch!
I'll take a pic tomorrow if I think of it.

Wow. I love how people get it into their head they can mess with other people's stuff just because they think they can. That would have infuriated me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I love how people get it into their head they can mess with other people's stuff just because they think they can. That would have infuriated me.
Basically I didn't care as long as my mail got delivered. What the issue was that the postal drivers are paid by the mile and it has to be accurate. What the Postmaster told me was that even 1/10 of a mile difference wasn't allowed without prior permission from the postal service.
If the boxes had been moved, the rural postal driver would have had to travel to my yard, which is 100 yards further to turn around to come back to the new proposed location, and they were not having any part of that.
I didn't care as long as our mail got there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom