What is killing my chickens???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rescued baby opossums and raised them until they were adult enough to let them go..I did not handle them and i kept them angry with a stick rattling against the cage now and then..I did not want them to like humans.

Their favorite meal was chicken bones.. Their poop was like cow patties but smaller and flatter.. it was always grey in color.
Flies would not even land on it.. but it was not stinky like poop either.
Those suckers are lightening quick when it came to feeding time

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got it like Fortress Europe out there. The chicken yard has been greatly reduced in size and pulled into about a 1000 sq ft fenced in yard. The chicken house door has a dead bolt on it. There is a medium size cage trap inside the chicken house, a coyote cage trap in front of the door, and another cage trap in the chicken yard. A gallon of warfarin under some of the floor boards of the chicken house. And last but not least, the gamecam has been ordered.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got it like Fortress Europe out there. The chicken yard has been greatly reduced in size and pulled into about a 1000 sq ft fenced in yard. The chicken house door has a dead bolt on it. There is a medium size cage trap inside the chicken house, a coyote cage trap in front of the door, and another cage trap in the chicken yard. A gallon of warfarin under some of the floor boards of the chicken house. And last but not least, the gamecam has been ordered.

I wonder how many chickens you could buy with that total expenditure? :D

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do us rural folks a favor and dont bring your problem out to us we have enough to deal with as it is, take your problems to the pound or deal with them on your own.

Agreed !! Stray dogs and cats are a huge pain in the ass. The dogs right around New Years to Valentine's Day are the worst. Nothing like checking a coyote trap and finding fido.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many chickens you could buy with that total expenditure? :D

I already had all that stuff, except for the gamecam. That gamecam's a good thing to have, the more I think about it. Somebody comes up stealin' something, it's Candid Camera.

Agreed !! Stray dogs and cats are a huge pain in the ass. The dogs right around New Years to Valentine's Day are the worst. Nothing like checking a coyote trap and finding fido.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

I said I was sorry for turning the cat loose. I'm saying it again; I'm sorry. I really am. I wish I hadn't done it, now, in retrospect. I needed him here, it turns out.

Just checking in to see if you caught it yet. Maybe tonight

When I went out there to close up the birds there were no fatalities, but the defenses are really tight. It's like Donald Trump is running Defense.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coons would carry it away not kill and eat they have to have water as they eat, because they do not produce saliva.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That's an old wives tale, they have saliva glands. Get up close to one and they'll spit on you when they hiss, or it'll be matted in dogs fur after the ol terriers put a beating on them

Latest posts

Top Bottom