What is so special about 2009?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1.) Rules and Etiquette do not exist online. If you think they do, you need to get back to AOL.
2.) Who cares. If you do not like necroposts... skip them. From my observation, its not like very much is being added here of any substantial worth. I mean, "Here's what happened to me getting gas yesterday" and "What do you think about such and such kicking the bucket" and "Here's what my rifle can do". Sure there is a nugget of awesomeness every once and while, but that's just how forums roll.

TLDR version, knock the sand out of your crack and quit crying.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That what I mean Whitey. Nothing of value added, yet the "new posts" feed is full of posts that you don't know are old until you click on them (op date doesn't show), only to find out its a ancient thread you already commented in, 7 friggin years ago. It's clutter and it's pointless...but then again forums in general are increasingly pointless.

I find myself getting more use out of social media groups like Primary and Secondary these days. Actual exchange of knowledge and information, trolls and teenage drama not allowed.

Not crying, commenting. So knock the sand out of your own crack.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1.) Rules and Etiquette do not exist online. If you think they do, you need to get back to AOL.
2.) Who cares. If you do not like necroposts... skip them. From my observation, its not like very much is being added here of any substantial worth. I mean, "Here's what happened to me getting gas yesterday" and "What do you think about such and such kicking the bucket" and "Here's what my rifle can do". Sure there is a nugget of awesomeness every once and while, but that's just how forums roll.

TLDR version, knock the sand out of your crack and quit crying.

Rules and Etiquette do exist for some. There's no reason to be a WhiteyMacDick about anything.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'd rather have necroposts without bickering amongst the crowd as opposed to the constant fights over religion, politics, and sports.

I find it interesting that if someone posts a question that's been answered, people scream "Use the search!" but if someone comments on an old thread, it's "Holy Necropost Batman"

But I sympathize with the sentiment that SMS is throwing down about wishing there were more actual gun content and less BS.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I'm down with inane, non gun discussions but this round of Necroposting was almost completely irrelevant bumps of old threads...with nothing new brought to the discussion.

Just making that observation.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That what I mean Whitey. Nothing of value added, yet the "new posts" feed is full of posts that you don't know are old until you click on them (op date doesn't show), only to find out its a ancient thread you already commented in, 7 friggin years ago. It's clutter and it's pointless...but then again forums in general are increasingly pointless.

C'est la vie. I understand where you are coming from, but it exists in forums everywhere. I was trying to find info on Sync 3 for ford, went to a sync3 forum and they have the same BS going on over there. It's just crap you can't get around. You can try to squash it with authority, but then you run the risk of creating a dead forum.

I find myself getting more use out of social media groups like Primary and Secondary these days. Actual exchange of knowledge and information, trolls and teenage drama not allowed.
I agree with this, but even those get infiltrated from time to time. I have had extremely good luck using Hunting and Fishing, or caliber specific groups on facebook. I even found a really cool M35 group... they post a lot more than one would expect for people only talking about Deuces.

Not crying, commenting. So knock the sand out of your own crack.
I enjoy the feel. Don't tell me what to do.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are these posts from 2009 that have been resurrected? I feel there may be something completely worthless I could add. Like memes,... or music videos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom