UTV Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not even gas powered golf carts?

Gas powered carts are not allowed in Oak Tree (My primary residence) and I think that is status quo for PGA courses in general. Noise and oil/gas waste are the issues there. Carlton Landing doesn't enforce that rule but I don't think anyone uses gas powered there either (same issues, noise and gas/oil spills in the community). I personally like electric better and especially now with Lithium power, carts are 25+mph and run all weekend on single charge. I see no reason for gas in these types of environments.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My BIL is selling his. I was kinda sorta thinking about it until he told me the price. $20k.

Yeah, 'eff that. I can buy a Jeep and lift it and generally trick it into a quite capable off roader for a lot less. ETA: And i wouldn't have to trailer it to our land either.

IDK why people buy what they do sometimes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gas powered carts are not allowed in Oak Tree (My primary residence) and I think that is status quo for PGA courses in general. Noise and oil/gas waste are the issues there. Carlton Landing doesn't enforce that rule but I don't think anyone uses gas powered there either (same issues, noise and gas/oil spills in the community). I personally like electric better and especially now with Lithium power, carts are 25+mph and run all weekend on single charge. I see no reason for gas in these types of environments.
I didn't realize they were using lithium batteries now. In our snowbird travels we rent golf carts for getting around the resorts It's always annoying to start running out of juice later in the day. Of course those rentals aren't sporting the best batteries either I'm sure.
Several of the full time residents have the gas powered and we use those to take off across the levees for miles in South Tx. where the electrics would need a tow with dead batteries. Easy to carry an extra gallon of gas, but I get where you're coming from.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my Polaris 850 about a year ago when we bought our property. It just chores around the property so much easier and it will go many places my Ram 2500 or F250 won't fit. I would like to get a a SXS like a Polaris Ranger with a dump bed that seats 4-6 people. Makes taking family and friend around the property much easier as well as my wife would be able to drive our two Boxers around too. I just can't choke down $20K+ for a good machine. Here is mine because I'm a pic whore.

Ohhh, last winter when we had some good snow/ice come through, my Inside Sales Rep didn't want to drive her Denali to work so she drove this $40K Can Am instead. It is super nice but the price tag is rediculous.
IMG_5209.jpg
IMG_5159.jpg

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We recently purchased (not financed) a Kubota Diesel RTV x1140 with two row seating and a truck bed for hauling trash 1/4 mile down to the highway, gardening, taking care of our slow growing pecan trees and roaming around the place handling chores. My truck and tractor run on diesel and it’s easy to refuel with the 90 gallon refueling tank on the truck’s flatbed. I’ll be 76 next month and my wife of 52+ years is 72. Our Polaris MV7 needs major repairs and its difficult for us to mount and operate. My old RAM 2500 Diesel 4x4 isn’t practical for our outdoor activities and it weighs just over 5 tons, leaves ruts in the field when it rains and can’t maneuver through the trees. The UTV’s bed is excellent for loading shovels, plants, fertilizer etc. It’s not fast like most of the other UTVs on the market, but it slowly goes everywhere we need and it’s a great convenience for us old retired folks. I agree that these things are expensive and wouldn’t recommend stressing a family’s budget for something that’s only used once a month to race around at breakneck speeds risking injury, paralysis and death.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhh, last winter when we had some good snow/ice come through, my Inside Sales Rep didn't want to drive her Denali to work so she drove this $40K Can Am instead. It is super nice but the price tag is rediculous.View attachment 362015

It might be ridiculously priced, but if it has a heater, I'd almost think it was worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom