UTV Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A new Can-Am Side by side runs $29,000 for the 4 seater with factory options on the showroom floor.
I’ve seen some with turbos and upgraded suspension along with other engine mods run the price of a new F-250 Lariat, producing well over 300 hp at Little Sahara State Park.

They are awesome in Colorado on the mountain trails.

View attachment 361625View attachment 361626
View attachment 361628

One of our nephews had a really "jacked up" Jeep with heavier rear axle installed, an air compressor and air tanks on the roof rack, and something like 37" tires or something. When we went on a "family camping trip" to Molas State Park near Silverton, CO, we all piled into two similar Jeeps and went to do the Alpine Loop.

Halfway through the Loop, we came upon some other "Jeeps" and the nephew's friend who I was riding with picked up the CB microphone and stated, "See Ray, all we really need to do this sort of thing is buy a Jeep Patriot."

Ray didn't think it was funny, and granted, the Patriot (or maybe it was a Liberty) couldn't to do the off roading that their two Jeeps could do.

Just found a picture of the two Jeeps. Nephew's one is to the left and his friend's jeep is on the right. Nephew's friend was from Albuquerque, and he came up two different times while we were "living" in Colorado to do camping and off roading.

Last edited:

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can buy a car, in some cases a new fully loaded midlevel quality car for the same price as a new UTV. Screw that.
You want to Play, You got to Pay. That's why I bought an older & used Side X Side $2500. Later I made a top for it ( I have a commercial Sewing machine) Then I bought a $270 Windshield for it.

Attachments

• IMG_7172.jpg
    IMG_7172.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7379.jpg
    IMG_7379.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the general sentiment here. When we got our place out in the country I looked at UTV's and realized it would cost $25k for something that would barely be as capable as a $5k beatup CJ. It also helped that I already had a few $5k beatup CJ's.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought a used Arctic Cat 4X4 from an older gentleman that used it to ride around his pasture. It’s a 2005 with 150 miles on the odometer when bought in 2019.
With the dump bed on the rear, it’s invaluable at the farm to carry gear and tools. The winch on front has loaded many deer and elk.

View attachment 361638

View attachment 361639

My favorite ATV is from 1985. It’s like riding a sports car when compared to the 4 wheeler. It’s just flat out fun to ride.
Put in lots of food plots with it in areas tractors can’t get into. Put a ton of work into it, restoring it to near factory new condition from what was basically a total wreck.
I’ve owned and rode three wheelers since 1982.

View attachment 361643View attachment 361644

Same here, 4 wheelers are so cumbersome on trails when you grew up on 3 wheelers. I still have my 1985 ATC125M we bought new, along with an 1982 ATC200E I found last year chained to someone's yard outside Midland, TX and offered them $500 for.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I couldn't see spending much on one here in Oklahoma, if I lived in southern Utah, one would be great to have. When we worked at a small RV park in Kanab, UT, the owners had a pair of UTV's and took the wife and I out into the backlands in them.

Boss lady and the two UTV's.

Bosses walking behind the wife in this photo.

Wife and I standing between two formations that were called the "Ice Cream Cones."

I think Yamaha Rhino. They are GREAT! I was looking for one, but they did not fit into my pocket book, I ended up with Arctic Cat, that was more to the price I wanted to spend.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Yamaha Rhino. They are GREAT! I was looking for one, but they did not fit into my pocket book, I ended up with Arctic Cat, that was more to the price I wanted to spend.

I think you may be right, although I can't speak to the Rhino in particular. Boss man swore to us that he wouldn't buy anything but a Yamaha.

They were great bosses and would take us "volunteer camp hosts" out into the backlands fairly often. They had three "sets" of camp hosts in the park, so we worked a schedule of 3 days on and 6 days off, which gave the wife and I LOTS of time to go exploring in that area of southern Utah and northern Arizona.

We volunteered, but was compensated with free RV site and electric as well as water and sewer. The only utility we had to pay for was LPG. Below is our RV in its site, and one can see the LPG tank sitting beside it. We leased the tank from a local LPG dealer rather than have to refill 40# LP cylinders over the winter.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I agree the UTV as a utility is great around the ranch, land, etc, I do not understand the expensive sporty UTV's I keep seeing with 4-6 seats, small tires, break over angles of a minivan, and the Tapout or Affliction t-shirts to match.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just went thru the search for a reasonably priced UTV for our place. We had the wife's old Dodge p/u but it was 2WD and would get stuck on wet grass. Throw a gentle incline in the mix and it was a no-go. Our other truck is a crew cab, long bed F250 so it's not agile enough to get around the property.

I've had 3 Kawasaki Mules in the past and I'm familiar with them. We looked at several other brands but nothing even close to the price, warranty and capability of the Mule for anywhere remotely close to the price. We got one of the 4010 Trans models that converts from 2 to 4 passenger. We added a few extras...or I should say, the dealer added a few extras. But they were useful extras so we went with it. The base machine was about $12,300 and with the extras it was still under $14000 when we took it home. That's about the upper limit to what I'd spend.

20230105_142115.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My OK house is on Hwy 11 in Alfalfa county, and on Thursday and Friday afternoons, there’s always a pretty steady stream of folks trailering their UTV’s to Little Sahara. I see some really nice tricked out rigs go by.
I guess recreational ATV-ing is a lot like boating, and if that’s your thing, that’s where you spend your money. It seems like a waste to me, but to each his own. :anyone:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom