What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the muzzle is inside the pants, only the end of the holster exposing the grip can be grabbed. This substantially reduces the liklihood of a disarm in a struggle on the ground.

With an OWB the suspect can hold the muzzle end and the grip end which is much harder to defend against.

Michael Brown

RAZZY

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first post.So here is my two cents. I wear the Milt Sparts SS2 daily, have one to train with (G17) and one to wear (G19). Its the most comfortable and overall best carry holster I own. I could not tell you how many holsters I own but they fill a footlocker.Have had a CCW for 14 years so I have alot of carry time. What every Mike Brown says you can take it to the bank.Everything he has advised me on is right on the money. If you have not trained with Mike Brown you are missing out on a great learning adventure. Gary B Rasmussen (Mike suggested the SS2 to me.)

Pigeon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
When the muzzle is inside the pants, only the end of the holster exposing the grip can be grabbed. This substantially reduces the liklihood of a disarm in a struggle on the ground.

With an OWB the suspect can hold the muzzle end and the grip end which is much harder to defend against.

Michael Brown

Thanks. That makes it clear.

CimarronOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious what you "experienced" guys are wearing for carrying your gun concealed. If you have pics I'd like to see what they look like... I'm still thinking since I don't have my "card" yet.

Tom Owens
9:47 am
Wednesday, May 31, 2006

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 IWB (inside the waistband) that I like and 1 OWB (outside) that I like. I have a couple more OWB on order that might be good.
Best overall IWB is Milt Sparks VM2 - it has a "tuckable option available also www.miltsparks.com
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_VersaMax2.jpg

This one is from Donner Gun Leather. A really nice holster - a little less stiff than the VM2 - very well made - curves nice with your body
www.donnergunleather.com
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_OSU.jpg

The least expensive - but the most bang for the buck would be the Chochise Defender from K & D Holsters. www.kdholsters.com
Very comfortable - clips on easy but the clips stay put when you pull your gun. Kevin is great to work with and will do custom work for you as well.
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_IWB.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_cochise_01_bg_s.jpg

My favorite Outside the waistband is hands down from K & D Holsters. Snaps on and off - fits firmly to the body and is an excellent bargain.
[Broken External Image]
K & D also makes a belt version that is great - I just find the snaps easier.
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_GLOCKBELTDEFENDER.jpg

Hope that helps some

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Currently I carry my 1911 in a Milt Sparks VMII in horsehide...I have been waiting for six months for my Matt Delfatti ISP-LP...might be another six months too. The VMII will be retired upon the arrival of the Delfatti.

Rob

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 Blackhawk CQC holsters - one for on duty and one for off duty. If you don't know about this remarkable technology in holsters, it is a carbon fiber high ride OWB holster that comes with a belt loop (that fits up to 2 1/4 inch duty belts) and a paddle that install by means of three bolts on the back - you decide how you want to carry it. I use the belt loop on both (I've never really liked paddles holsters) The reason why I use the same kind of holster both on and off duty is because of the "Serpa" retention system...it's a little button that you depress with your index finger while it is along the side of the holster body where it naturally is when you draw anyway. I also carry an extra mag and a SureFire G2 on my weak side in a Blackhawk CQC mag/light combo pouch...this setup is identical on and off duty thanks to the way the light and mag pouch is made...the pouches can independently be detatched from the duty belt and re-attached to another belt loop or paddle that is not on the duty belt for off duty/concealment use...great idea! If you haven't ever used this stuff, you really should give it a try...I am totaly pleased with it. On duty it's all mounted on a Bianchi Accumold duty belt (along with a cuff pouch) and off duty it's on an Uncle Mike's Instructor belt...awesome belt! If you want a superior belt to hold up all of you crap - this is the one to use! It's not flimsy or spongey like a lot of instructor belts out there and it doesn't sag like leather...aw holy hell...I did it then...I guess another debate is gonna start...Leather vs Nylon...wait, wait, wait...lemme guess...the 1911 guys are gonna say leather and the Glock guys are gonna say nylon! Here we go!!! But anyway...that's my rig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom