What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Those damned things just hurt like hell! I've never been a fan of IWB holsters. You always gotta have some kind of "cover" garment. In the winter you're ok...but what do you do in the summer time here in OKLA when it gets to be like 157 degrees in the shade? You gonna wear a tactical/photographers vest? Holy smokes! People are gonna think you nuts or it's gonna shout out "GUN" (which also makes your average joe think your nuts too, by the way) I dunno...when I pack in the heat of the summer, I sometimes use a fanny pack. I know, I know...it looks gay, but you do what you gotta do. Cargo shorts are a godsend too! Glock 27 in right pocket, extra mag and SureFire G2 in left pocket...good to go!

A simple buttonup or T-shirt covers up IWB holsters.
Most of us never have a problem
Try that with a Kydex OWB.

OStateFlyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The right IWB holster and you can't tell the gun is there. I carry in the cheapest of nylon holsters...I mean really trashy. But it conceals well and is comfortable. I want to know how some of you guys carry in pockets, like cargo shorts? It looks and feels like I have a load in my pants when I've tried it.

Brad

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok J.P. it doesn't look like anyone is gonna "touch" it so in your "professional" opinion, you tell me what's wrong with OWB kydex. Since I carry a gun "for a living" and have since 1989...I've seen what works and what doesn't. I've seen leather dry rot and rip of an officers belt. I've seen nylon rip and fray. I've worn sh*t so damned uncofortable, that I couldn't wait to take off and I've worn my gun just shoved in my pants because I've had to run out of the house 100 mph! I don't wear my gun just on the weekends or to the store and back, I wear mine every day for "AT LEAST" 8 hours a day, sometimes 10, 12 even 16 hours a day...but...OWB kydex is suddenly a bad idea? Well...I would LOVE to hear why!

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do have a load in my pants but that is a different story.....I have carried a PPK and K40 in my pockets and both work great. I can't wait for my model 60 to arrive.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could carry OWB I would carry my 1911 in a big flap holster with a lanyard, or a Smith Model 10 in a big basketweave holster on a gun belt with extra ammo.

Rob

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Ok J.P. it doesn't look like anyone is gonna "touch" it so in your "professional" opinion, you tell me what's wrong with OWB kydex. Since I carry a gun "for a living" and have since 1989...I've seen what works and what doesn't. I've seen leather dry rot and rip of an officers belt. I've seen nylon rip and fray. I've worn sh*t so damned uncofortable, that I couldn't wait to take off and I've worn my gun just shoved in my pants because I've had to run out of the house 100 mph! I don't wear my gun just on the weekends or to the store and back, I wear mine every day for "AT LEAST" 8 hours a day, sometimes 10, 12 even 16 hours a day...but...OWB kydex is suddenly a bad idea? Well...I would LOVE to hear why!

Okie dokie.
First of all I carry 24/7 not just on 'weekends' for at least 10 hrs a day and have for too long for me to post here.
If you have seen what works and you consider an OWB Kydex holster as 'working' then you haven't tested it through serious FOF training.
There are good and bad makes of all materials.
The reason that OWB Kydex is a bad idea is because it breaks and opens yourself up for disarmament.
LEOs have various options that include retention devices that would give non-LEOs a severe disadvantage.smoe of those *may* be able to tkae the abuse of being thrown to the ground multiple times and stay intcat but there are many that do not. No civilian version that I can think of is worthy of consideration.

If you want a definitive answer,ask Mike Brown...or better yet bring your gear to his training classes.

The SERpa has been reported to fail in numerous ways.
whether or not they have been improved recently is not something that i've been privy to.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...that may be true for somebody like Mike Brown...he works in Tulsa for Christ's sake! You couldn't pay me enough to work at Tulsa PD or OKC PD. I work for a small agency in a small town. I don't get thrown to the ground on a regular basis...hell...I don't think I've ever been thrown to the ground which would not put my gear in any fear of breakage. Most of the stuff you guys own, want, see and read about, may work for you...if it does...GREAT! And when I say "you guys" I mean non-LEOs...as for LEOs (and I'm sure Mike Brown would probably agree with me here) we are always striving to find something comfortable...Jesus...I'm 6'3" and weigh in around 310 lbs...IWB just DOES NOT work for me! It stabs me in the side and forget about getting a good "combat grip" to make a successful draw to address my subject/target. If that one photo is really of you, I can see that you are a very skinny, scrawny guy...hell...you have to wear that thing over on your ASS for cryin' out loud! There's no way in SH*T I could get a good grip on that thing and present it downrange like I should! I've said it before, I'll say it again...we'll just agree to disagree! Kydex works for me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom