What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RobC said:
Currently I carry my 1911 in a Milt Sparks VMII in horsehide...I have been waiting for six months for my Matt Delfatti ISP-LP...might be another six months too. The VMII will be retired upon the arrival of the Delfatti.

Rob

Would love to have a Delfatti - I had the patience for the 15 1/2 weeks wait on the VM2 but don't think I can stomach the 16 month (last figures I heard) wait on the Delfatti. Worth the wait from what I'm told!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AAAWWW!!! COME ON NOW!!! Bulbboy!!! You're supposed to be on my side, man!? Leather? It's dead animal flesh that isn't done decaying! My kydex, nylon and carbon fiber stuff will still be going strong by the time your soft, supple leather will be dry rotted and done!

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using the Milt sparks VM2 for my main weapon and i have found nothing that tops it yet....although i do try others from time to time and the ARG style holsters are looking more attractive to me.

Attachments

• vm2 003.jpg
    vm2 003.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 753
  • vm2 004.jpg
    vm2 004.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 601
  • vm2 002.jpg
    vm2 002.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 733

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those damned things just hurt like hell! I've never been a fan of IWB holsters. You always gotta have some kind of "cover" garment. In the winter you're ok...but what do you do in the summer time here in OKLA when it gets to be like 157 degrees in the shade? You gonna wear a tactical/photographers vest? Holy smokes! People are gonna think you nuts or it's gonna shout out "GUN" (which also makes your average joe think your nuts too, by the way) I dunno...when I pack in the heat of the summer, I sometimes use a fanny pack. I know, I know...it looks gay, but you do what you gotta do. Cargo shorts are a godsend too! Glock 27 in right pocket, extra mag and SureFire G2 in left pocket...good to go!

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
I have 2 Blackhawk CQC holsters - one for on duty and one for off duty. If you don't know about this remarkable technology in holsters, it is a carbon fiber high ride OWB holster that comes with a belt loop (that fits up to 2 1/4 inch duty belts) and a paddle that install by means of three bolts on the back - you decide how you want to carry it. I use the belt loop on both (I've never really liked paddles holsters) The reason why I use the same kind of holster both on and off duty is because of the "Serpa" retention system...it's a little button that you depress with your index finger while it is along the side of the holster body where it naturally is when you draw anyway. I also carry an extra mag and a SureFire G2 on my weak side in a Blackhawk CQC mag/light combo pouch...this setup is identical on and off duty thanks to the way the light and mag pouch is made...the pouches can independently be detatched from the duty belt and re-attached to another belt loop or paddle that is not on the duty belt for off duty/concealment use...great idea! If you haven't ever used this stuff, you really should give it a try...I am totaly pleased with it. On duty it's all mounted on a Bianchi Accumold duty belt (along with a cuff pouch) and off duty it's on an Uncle Mike's Instructor belt...awesome belt! If you want a superior belt to hold up all of you crap - this is the one to use! It's not flimsy or spongey like a lot of instructor belts out there and it doesn't sag like leather...aw holy hell...I did it then...I guess another debate is gonna start...Leather vs Nylon...wait, wait, wait...lemme guess...the 1911 guys are gonna say leather and the Glock guys are gonna say nylon! Here we go!!! But anyway...that's my rig.

OWB Kydex huh?
Anyone want to take this one?
:anyone:

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quality leather and a 1911 have character beyond just being tools. I have some plastic holsters for some other guns but I don't like any of them as much. 1911s and leather may seem antiquated but I see them as classic. They are warm and familiar versus something as sterile and cold as a glock in kydex. In reality both work really well but I prefer the class of leather and a design that is almost 100 years old and still running like a top.

Rob

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, I bought the VMII because I knew that the wait would be long. I use it as an interim. I will order another Delfatti when this one gets closer to delivery...and one for BHP as well....mmmmmmmmm, another great!!

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom