What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think alot of this goes back to the old "he who dies with the most toys wins" saying. I don't buy toys...I buy tools! I've used the same tools for years and I've tried the new stuff too. I've spent a small fortune on every kind of gear you can think of and I've finally found something that actually works, doesn't cost half a year's salary and makes my fat old kiester go "aaaaaaaa...commmffffyyyyyy" when I wear it! That's important when you are NOT ALLOWED to take it off if it starts hurting you!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen it anywhere...maybe he does? The point I'm trying to make is that Mike Brown is an LEO is a friggin' hellish environment! THE CITY OF TULSA? JESUS CHRIST! I'D RATHER WALK THRU HELL WITH A GASOLINE SUIT ON! I pray for guys like him everyday! I live kinda in the middle of the state between Tulsa and OKC. I was born and raised in Claremore, OK just about 20 or so miles from T-town, so as a kid we went there quite often. I HATE Tulsa now but I would still rather go there than OKC! Probably the only time I go to OKC is to go watch the Redhawks or the Blazers play, and that's only about 2-3 times a year (free tickets from somebody or something). And every time I go to either city, I swear and be damned that I will never, EVER be a cop in those 2 cities. As far as the gear Mike Brown wears, I wish he would jump in here and tell us because I would like to know, because I value and respect his opinions/advice too. I've worn leather for years...can't say I miss it much! I'll probably never wear it again and there are many (maybe majority) LEOs that feel the same way! Nylon and kydex are just lighter and more comfortable! I think we've blown this all out of porportion anyway, so I'm just gonna shut the f**k up and say...I LIKE PANCAKES!!!

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Well...that may be true for somebody like Mike Brown...he works in Tulsa for Christ's sake! You couldn't pay me enough to work at Tulsa PD or OKC PD. I work for a small agency in a small town. I don't get thrown to the ground on a regular basis...hell...I don't think I've ever been thrown to the ground which would not put my gear in any fear of breakage. Most of the stuff you guys own, want, see and read about, may work for you...if it does...GREAT! And when I say "you guys" I mean non-LEOs...as for LEOs (and I'm sure Mike Brown would probably agree with me here) we are always striving to find something comfortable...Jesus...I'm 6'3" and weigh in around 310 lbs...IWB just DOES NOT work for me! It stabs me in the side and forget about getting a good "combat grip" to make a successful draw to address my subject/target. If that one photo is really of you, I can see that you are a very skinny, scrawny guy...hell...you have to wear that thing over on your ASS for cryin' out loud! There's no way in SH*T I could get a good grip on that thing and present it downrange like I should! I've said it before, I'll say it again...we'll just agree to disagree! Kydex works for me!

Glad to hear you've never hit the ground in your gear.No need to plan for such an event then is there?
I'm not suggesting that you wear an IWB holster at all.
My aversion is to Kydex OWB...not Leather OWB
A kydex OWB is easier for a BG to control and they break easier than a quality leather OWB holster.

While it is a noble assumption to suggest Mike would lokk for comfort first and foremost,I'm sure retention,reliability,durability and accessability are his main concerns.I dunno....ask him.

I'm 6ft and 205lbs 'Skinny' and 'scrawny' comments aside,I do not wear my VM2 over my ass.
Those were older specific pics to ahow someone how they ride in that position.
I wear at 3:00 or slightly forward for tactical reasons.

i'll say it again,entertain a little FOF training and if you walk away satisfied with your choice,good on ya'!
JP

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
And what in the hell do you do for a living that requires you to carry "24/7" Christ I'm a cop and even I don't carry all the time! 24/7...hmm...do you wear it to bed? That kinda sounds like paranoia to me?

Nothing *requires* me to carry at all.
I like to stay prepared for a violent attack.
what's the point of caryring "sometimes"?
If we could predict when/where a violent attack would occur,we'd likely avoid it altogether.

Just for the record,you said:
"I carry 24/7"
Are you paranoid?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Mike Brown and thanks to you too, J.P. But I am still curious...what do you do for a living that requires you to carry "24/7" like you said? You obviously make pretty good money to afford Milt Sparks stuff! One of my favorite holsters, and this is gonna make you laugh, is a Glock factory polymer holster. Me personally...I get SICK AND FRIGGIN' TIRED of carrying all the time! If I didn't have to, I wouldn't!

Latest posts

Top Bottom