What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my VM2 w/my 5" 1911. There are a couple others I'd like to try, but for the >$100 price tag it's hard to justify just to 'try out'. If only I had a couple buddies w/the holsters to try. I'd love to give one of Alessi's IWB's a try.

Here's mine...

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Redsnake_ConcealedCarryRig007.jpg

This one looks like I'm a lefty... but it's the reverse-image-mirror thing... :)

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Redsnake_ConcealedCarryRig005.jpg

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Redsnake said:
I love my VM2 w/my 5" 1911. There are a couple others I'd like to try, but for the >$100 price tag it's hard to justify just to 'try out'. If only I had a couple buddies w/the holsters to try. I'd love to give one of Alessi's IWB's a try.

Here's mine...

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Redsnake_ConcealedCarryRig007.jpg

This one looks like I'm a lefty... but it's the reverse-image-mirror thing... :)

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Redsnake_ConcealedCarryRig005.jpg

If you're carrying for self-defense purposes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Michael Brown

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reality is, most cops are not "gun guys". Go to some Continuing Ed Cleet classes. You will see a lot of fobus. Not many with a spare mag. I am not sure many carry off duty. Not trying to find fault, mind you. Just a observation. And I would venture a guess that most would be a novice after a IDPA qual. Most would be well served to take a Brown, Farnam, Givens, or the like class.

jarhead79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leadblooded said:
I've started making my own holsters,so nobody can argue about them.

I personally prefer my own brand as well. I build it to my own specs and if I don't like it, I make another one.(I haven't remade one yet)

Leadblooded actually has a few from me. He's made more for himself and I've seen them, nice stuff.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jarhead79 said:
I personally prefer my own brand as well. I build it to my own specs and if I don't like it, I make another one.(I haven't remade one yet)

Leadblooded actually has a few from me. He's made more for himself and I've seen them, nice stuff.

Our group will gladly give the holster a hardcore test if you are interested in it.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cowman said:
Reality is, most cops are not "gun guys". Go to some Continuing Ed Cleet classes. You will see a lot of fobus. Not many with a spare mag. I am not sure many carry off duty. Not trying to find fault, mind you. Just a observation. And I would venture a guess that most would be a novice after a IDPA qual.

This is so dead on.

I am always disturbed at in-service when I'm one of two or three oficers with a spare mag and one of probably a dozen that even have a gun on.

Michael Brown

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for LEO, but it is creepy to think that the police that many people place their hope for safety in, care so little about extensive knowledge and training with their gun. Especially since that may be what the LEO's life could depend on someday.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Mike Brown (and everybody else) do you carry a tactical flashlight on your person off-duty? Chances are, you are gonna need it more than a spare mag (yes, I do carry a spare mag also). My EDC light is a SureFire E2e. I carry it AND my SureFire G2 on duty. There alot of guys (you know who you are) that never even give a personal light a second thought. If you don't have one...GET ONE! I personally like the SureFire E2e because it is as bright as my SF G2, it is compact and weighs mere ounces and has a neat little pocket clip that is similar to the pocket clip on everybody's EDC folding knives (I KNOW you guys are carrying those!) Anyway...just my :twocents:

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
This is so dead on.

I am always disturbed at in-service when I'm one of two or three oficers with a spare mag and one of probably a dozen that even have a gun on.

Michael Brown

What do you mean by "in-service"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom