What the Colorado shooting says to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep diggin' that hole...you're already in so deep it will be hard to climb out of it. Kinda brings Gecko45 to mind, he was quite the "operator" too, although new to the theater. Dig, dig, dig.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drurjy, and those of few others who continue to try and insult me personally for trying to have a discussion, does it make you feel better? Thats pretty sad. Maybe you should go read the OSA rules again. You sir are the one out of line.

I didn't try to insult; I did insult you. You earned it. Wear it. In an earlier post, it was suggested you be given some kind of award...I hereby nominate you for the "Gecko45 New Operator to This Theater" Award for extraordinary internet heroism in the face of fantasy.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just take a breather and walk away from this thread. You probably didn't mean for it to sound the way it did - but for some reason you keep defending it.

What you said - sounded bad. Doesn't matter what you meant, its what people think you meant. Either own it and get ridiculed for a short time or keep defending it and get ridiculed for a long time. Either way I'd leave the thread so you don't keep digging deeper.

Just some advice

casualplinker

Marksman
Reaction score
From time to time I read stuff on this forum that just makes me shake my head, but I feel the OP in this one deserves some sort of award.

The post begins by claiming there were no heros in the theater in Colorado and then progresses to stashing LPKs and stripped lowers. Eventually he moves on to 9/11 and flight 93. Maybe I'm lost on this one and someone else can help me make sense of it.

There is no making sense of the OP's comments; He is a hero-to-be; just eagerly awaiting a chance to act. May the Good Lord watch over us.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys,

No matter how off the wall or how Internet Commando you think a poster is - please no personal attacks.

Attack the post but not the poster

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find that it's pointless to posit what one will do in a situation with any great deal of accuracy unless they have encountered and acted in a situation that was EXACTLY the same. Even then, there are no absolutes. I think this quote sums up the reality of the human psyche:

"War has also taught me that each one of us contains every ingredient of the human recipe. By varying measure we are all cowards and brave men, thieves and honest men, selfish and selfless men, malingerers and champions, weasels and lions. The only question is how much of each attribute we allow--or force--to dominate our being." -Eric L. Haney

Every man has the capacity to flee vs. fight and we can only try to enforce one over the other through thorough training. Most civilians honestly do not have that kind of training.

Scomo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." -- Mike Tyson

a big +1

I think we can all take something away from critically thinking about what we "might" do in a situation like this. I think that's a big reason why many of us carry. However, lets be honest; most of us when faced with a psychopath armed with 100 round drums of .223, shotguns, body armor and tear gas will do what we can to stay alive and preserve the lives of our loved ones, first and formost. That said, if I were given the opportunity to catch this guy off guard and I had at least an 80% chance to take this guy down by form tackling this guy from the side, I *might* go for it (given that my family were laying down under the seats and the guy was + or - 5 feet from me and didn't see me. I can't see any other scenario where I would blatantly stand up and start ripping off rounds blindly in the general direction of the psycho. Too much risk there. And for anyone who says the definitely would do so, is talking our of their arse. What good will you have done by sacrificing your body to a barrage of 12 ga shells only to temporarily divert the attention of the shooter?

Now, if someone regularly conceals an RPG in his/her pants and decided they wanted to try their luck, I would support you fully. lol

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

No matter how off the wall or how Internet Commando you think a poster is - please no personal attacks.

Attack the post but not the poster[/QUOTE

This is mine, bulbboy. I understand the rules; and will have nothing further to say in this thread. I made myself clear and will now just let it go. I think it best if I just go look for something like "best chicken fry" to cuss and discuss. Roger; out.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think all the Monday morning armchair quarterbacks are no better than the internet commandos. They love to act like no one wouldv'e been able to anything but either flee or wallow in a puddle of their own urine. The hypocrisy they employ to posit what anyone would've not done in this situation is easily as bad as those who claim they would've Rambo'd the shooter.

Fact is, you don't know a damned thing. What it says about you though, is very telling. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom