What the Colorado shooting says to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact is there are those who are selfless heros and those who are not. Sadly, no heros were present in the movie theater. If they were, they could have taken this guy down without carrying a gun. A few people charge this guy (untrained, weighted down, kid) and get him on the ground. If he is shooting from one side, attack from the other. You can bet he wont be expecting it. I really think that ANY resistance could have stopped this pretty quick, whether you were carrying or not, had too small a caliber or not, etc. The mentality that was present thought only of self preservation and not of others.

I can say that this shooting has influenced my actions thought. I will be increasing my purchases of hi-cap mags, and stashing a few stripped lowers and part kits too. My glock 30 is my carry, so I am good there, and I plan to start using the 13 round Glock 21 mags instead for an extra 6 rounds .

Because I would prefer to shoot the assailant, but will engage either way. Its the world we live in now.

Look at 9/11. If you were on a plane you died either way, but those who resisted (Flight 93) sucessfully saved many lives. In this world today, you cannot cowar and hope others will defend you, you must act to defend yourself and others. Americans have become dependent in almost every way, so its second nature to expect somone else to act to save them.

If the mentality shifts, then we will all be safer. If the whole first row of the theater rushed this guy when he was throwing his tear gas or whatever, he would have not been able to get a shot off. Instead, not one single person acted except to try to save themselves.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought a couple of military guys were in the theater and got shot? How do you know they didn't try to charge him and got shot? I thought flight 93 was shot down. "per infowars"

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6'3" kid? Dressed like a full blown SWAT member? Probably holding weapons in both hands and firing.
Off topic, I know, but all those weapons, all that SWAT stuff, never saying a word while cutting down women and children with a semi-automatic rifle, and he just meekly gives up to the cops in the parking lot? I wonder how much fight was really in that dog?

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He also threw smoke grenades before he started. I'm sure after the first shots were fired it was chaos in there. Not to mention he was wearing a bullet proof vest, full helmet, throat and groin gaurds. He was equipped with a 100 round drum on his AR, I'd say charging him UPHILL (the movie theatres slope up hill), IN THE DARK, IN THE SMOKE, and up one of only two possible pathways (seating would block anywhere else) would not lead to hero status.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10, I think you'd better reserve your charges until you have enough info on which to base them.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your armchair QB of the situation is impressive. For those who were in the dark theater filling with tear gas they did not know:

1: He was young and meek under all that gear
2: His mental state
3: his level of training with the firearms he had

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to say what I would have done, however there is no telling unless you are faced with that situation.

BUT, If the dude would have ahad a UN hemet on, I woulda busted 3-.45acp in his gut so fast.....LMAO

Gun all sideways and stuff.... homie nite sites and all.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah there's a lot of bs in the first post if you ask me. You have no idea how it went down, what happened, or what anyone else may or may not have done. I can tell you this. If I am with my family anywhere something like this happens, I'm going to be diving on top of them to try and shield them from the barrage of bullets, as I'm sure a lot of other people in that movie theatre may have done. And by shielding their children, wives, friends, whatever... that they knew they were more likely to be struck by a bullet, but they did it anyway. For you to post something suggesting they are not heroes or even cowards is disgraceful. Shame on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom