What the Colorado shooting says to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both times you've posted, I've daydreamed of you blindly firing while going Johnny Rambo and killing more innocent civilians.

This is exactly the thought I have had of every Internet Rambo who's made comments. Isn't our responsibility to protect others and not put them into further danger? I know I wouldnt want to be responsible for accidentally killing innocents because I was blindly shooting towards where the threat is.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can say that your name calling and personal attacks really are only a poor reflection on yourselves. If you disagree with me then explain why, thats the point of a discussion. Calling people douchebags, etc. is not.

Both times you've posted, I've daydreamed of you blindly firing while going Johnny Rambo and killing more innocent civilians.

Well, thats your ignorance then. If you notice, I have spoken of even unarmed resistance being able to deter the situation.

I will stand by what I said: if you, in advance of a situation, truly believe that you would be unable to act, then there is no point of you carrying any weapon. Of course people with no training or experience in a situation may not know how they would react. Thats fine, but if you think in advance you wont be able to act, then its even less likely you would be helpful. But think ahead: does anyone on this site really think that at close range your own body thrown over your family will stop a .223 round? I can respect that attitude of self sacrifice, but I am just saying, if we are contemplating making a sacrifice, would it perhaps be more beneficial to try and use it to take down the enemy?

I have been shot at, and also attacked with a knife, two seperate occasions back in 2000. Ever since then I have prepared for it so I wont be the victim next time. Even for those who never have, you can certainly prepare yourself for it.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How one dfends their life in a crisis is up to that person. They will react and do what ever they can to survive or shield their family. But its all geussing until we are in the actual situation.

As to the question regarding the sheilding of family member and a. 223rd. Yes I would use my body, my hand or anything, because thats what you do, you try. The 223 is not a magic round that instantly kills, there were more survivors than killed. So yes sheilding or covering is not only a natural responce but a good one during a crisis event.

I understand that you may think you know how you would react during a conflageration, and i understand you may try to prepare your mind in an event. You can even declare that you will not be a victim ever again.

But the truth is, you will never know.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can say that your name calling and personal attacks really are only a poor reflection on yourselves. If you disagree with me then explain why, thats the point of a discussion. Calling people douchebags, etc. is not.

Well, thats your ignorance then. If you notice, I have spoken of even unarmed resistance being able to deter the situation.

I will stand by what I said: if you, in advance of a situation, truly believe that you would be unable to act, then there is no point of you carrying any weapon. Of course people with no training or experience in a situation may not know how they would react. Thats fine, but if you think in advance you wont be able to act, then its even less likely you would be helpful. But think ahead: does anyone on this site really think that at close range your own body thrown over your family will stop a .223 round? I can respect that attitude of self sacrifice, but I am just saying, if we are contemplating making a sacrifice, would it perhaps be more beneficial to try and use it to take down the enemy?

I have been shot at, and also attacked with a knife, two seperate occasions back in 2000. Ever since then I have prepared for it so I wont be the victim next time. Even for those who never have, you can certainly prepare yourself for it.

Well it's good to see you being the bigger man, personally attacking the victims involved in the massacre. Please don't pretend to know what those individuals went through and how they responded. I'm sure there were plenty of heroes in that theater, many of which are now deceased or injured (and no I don't think they had time to contemplate the projectile force of a .223 in close quarters, let alone analyze specifically which weapons he used, instead the simply acted, that's all they had time to do and I would say they acted like heroes).

You think the consideration of whether or not to draw a weapon is whether or not you have enough courage? When you, i'm using the term "you" hypothetically here, draw your weapon, you become a second shooter. Not only could you shoot a civilian, but you could also make many civilians easy targets as they attempt to get away from you. In all the chaos there is little chance they'll realize you're trying to help and are not just another bad guy. Not too mention you make the police officers job increasingly difficult as there are now multiple shooters. But who knows, maybe you would save the day if you were able to get a great shot on someone in basically full body armor. All you have to get over is blurry vision, watering eyes, coughing fits, likely nausea, people screaming and running into you, darkness apart from flashes of muzzle flare and the movie which completely overstimulate your senses. But i'm sure you constantly train for a situation like this unlike all the "non-heroes" that you say were in the theater.

I just hope you realize that the decision on whether to draw a weapon incorporates more than the courage to overcome being shot and killed. You must also be able to justify that your drawing a weapon could lead to greater number of casualties and blood on your hands.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I see it the only situtation where an armed citizan could have done anything was if he happen to be sitting close to the front and saw what was going on in time. Any place else in the theater would have put too many at risk.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was at least one hero there. I imagine if he was armed, he would have saved a whole lot more people.

I blame all those who made it illegal to go to that movie unarmed. While those people didn't pull the trigger, they certainly made that scenario a viable choice for the murderer. You never know who or what may crawl in when you leave the door open, but there is no denying what crawled in that theater through that open-to-criminals, closed-to-law-abider's door.

Excuse me while I go weep for those lives lost at the behest of ignorant and bent lawmakers.

Woody

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10Seconds, I doubt you offended many but simply served to show what an ass-hat you are. No offense.

Well, you sure ofended me, you internet commando. You have no idea what the **** you are talking about. I bet your exceptionally crass comments would make those who did their best in there in the midst of all that chaos feel real freakin' good; ass-hat. I sure hope you don't have an SDA license; you are a disgrace to the OSA community. You are dismissed. Now slink away on your belly, like a reptile. That is all.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn't "illegal", although it's within the theater owner's property rights to request that.

I don't think it was by "request" that the theater owners banned armed patrons. If there is no law prohibiting being armed in such venues, then it was their free choice. Be it law or corporate policy, it is ineffective and dangerous.

I'm not familiar with Colorado's gun laws. Is there a penalty for ignoring a property owner's prohibition on carrying arms?

Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom