What to do next???? Wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So this just happened to a guy I know very well. He has been a ccw license holder for about a year, has never been arrested and hasn't even had a traffic ticket in over 10 years. He was headed out for his anniversary dinner with his wife, so dressed nice and clean shaved. Stopped to get gas and after getting back in car, ohp knocks on window and asks to see ccl. He tells trooper "I don't think you can ask me that without probable cause", trooper says "step out of the car". Next, guy in plain clothes gets out of ohp car and escalates situation by yelling and name calling. My friend never raised voice and provided ccl to ohp, only questioned if they were allowed to do that. Next he's thrown against the car by both guys. He calls in distress and gets 5 or 6 more troopers there, they tell plain clothes to step back, he identifies himself as a game ranger a few minutes later. So friend gets arrested for obstructing an officer, weapon taken and spends night in county jail. Only to find at court, he was charged with failure to show ccl, a misdemeanor with a $50 max fine. What to do next? Just talk to da and get it dropped or take further actions?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard of a stop based solely on whether the person had a ccl or not. I have a feeling that there is more to this story. I do agree that a lawyer will probably be needed.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never heard of a stop based solely on whether the person had a ccl or not. I have a feeling that there is more to this story. I do agree that a lawyer will probably be needed.

my understanding is they're not supposed to know you have a permit unless they call it in

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wow, lawyer up fast, if at the gas station should have camera's around...since they worry about the gas-n-go's (no pay drive offs), get copy of the video, and also ask if the trooper's lights were on then thier camera should be on. The question i ask is if the guy in plain starts yelling and name calling , do they know each other, or has he been targeted by ODW for doing something. Granted im a nobody, and dont know LEO jobs that well, but what did your friend do to have the OHP trooper in distress to call for backup? I also feel that there is something being left out in the story.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This was based solely on asking for ccl. The guy was sitting in the car waiting on his wife to come back out of store. The trooper was parked a couple of spaces down. This was not a traffic stop or anything else. No lights were

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This guy would have no reason for department of wildlife to be concerned. He does not hunt or fish and rarely leaves city limits. He is not a threatening guy in any way and is very polite in all situations. I've known him over 20 years and he is very well liked by local Leo's

Latest posts

Top Bottom