what to expect at an wanenmacher gun show?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went early this morning, went and finally bought a Coye, then picked up some Lancer mags. ARs weren't as bad as I thought they'd be but I did see several overpriced lowers.... like 250+ for a stripped DPMS.... and $225 for BCGs. Was gone by 10 so the crowds were light and the scooters weren't as bad. I'd wager theres some deals to be had tomorrow, didn't see much moving.

Which COYE? Pics or it didn't happen. Really want a couple of his fixed blades

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to the show this morning in the door by 8 out by 1130, wound up buying a couple 18 round mags for the beretta 92 and a nice od green handle Coye ridgeback.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns were a little pricey but everyone I talked to was willing to bargin.

You had a better experience than I did; I tried to work a deal with two or three different people, and they wouldn't budge. It was frustrating. AKs were mostly too high; cheapest thumbhole MAK-90 I saw was just under $900. Ruger .44mag semi-auto carbine "rare" and $2000? Jeebus. Lots of Hoverrounds, and one lady pushing a two-kid-wide stroller through the crowd. Got real crowded around noon. Ammo prices were about average, but it was being carted out at a fever pitch.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I still don't understand why people are going nuts, in a hurry to buy overpriced ammo at a big gun show. The prices aren't that great, you have to pay 8+% sales tax and then you have to cart it around all day. It's cheaper to get online and order it. Cheaper Than Dirt and SGAmmo both have plenty in stock(unless you want .223) and will deliver it to your doorstep in 24-48 hours for less than what you would pay at the gun show.

Also, I can run to my local WalMart, that's completely stocked up on ammo, and buy for less too on a lot of stuff.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still don't understand why people are going nuts, in a hurry to buy overpriced ammo at a big gun show. The prices aren't that great, you have to pay 8+% sales tax and then you have to cart it around all day. It's cheaper to get online and order it. Cheaper Than Dirt and SGAmmo both have plenty in stock(unless you want .223) and will deliver it to your doorstep in 24-48 hours for less than what you would pay at the gun show.

Also, I can run to my local WalMart, that's completely stocked up on ammo, and buy for less too on a lot of stuff.

Ctd didn't have any win white box 9mm, Sgammo wanted $12.80 plus shipping and tax.
Bought 2 cases at the show $10 a box out the door. All you gots to do is make offers.
Right now working 6-7 days a week don't have time to reload and nobody to receive packages.
No panic buying here, got tons of ammo except 9 & 45 which I shoot the most.

Latest posts

Top Bottom