what to expect at an wanenmacher gun show?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WalMart has plenty in the 100 round boxes.
At walmart its 22.97 a box plus tax = $25.00 even. Thats where I usually buy it. So I saved $100 and got in free with my friends of NRA ticket.
Going back in about an hour to see what I can spend the $100 on. No work today since its raining.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At walmart its 22.97 a box plus tax = $25.00 even. Thats where I usually buy it. So I saved $100 and got in free with my friends of NRA ticket.
Going back in about an hour to see what I can spend the $100 on. No work today since its raining.

Are you talking about 9mm? Fed 100paks are like 19.xx @ Walmart.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Overall, I was disappointed with the lack of deals at the show. The prices seemed high overall. I think the internet has ruined the gun show experience for me, hehe. I wasn't too thrilled with any of the ammo prices either.

The prices people were asking for AR's were mind blowing and pistols all seems a minimum of $100 over what I could get elsewhere.

With that said, I was pleasantly surprised that the prices were only at the levels they were at. I was seriously expecting everyone to put 200% markups on everything due to the elections, hehe.

Next time, I'll want to turn Wanenmacher's into a drinking game.

Every time Obama is mentioned, drink one shot.
Assault weapons ban = 2 shots
UN Weapons ban = 3 shots
Mosin Shortage = Keg Stand.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well................what the hell. After saying I wouldn't go, I got up this morning and saw that it was going to rain all day and decided $10 was OK for the entertainment factor, even if the prices were too high. What else are you going to do on a rainy Sunday ? Sure enough, I got there, started upstairs and immediately found prices to be higher. There were plenty of AR's available, all about $100 higher than they were a few months ago........not too bad considering. The crazy thing was the incredible lack of AK's. There were honestly 100 AR's there for every AK. Ak prices were INSANE !!!!! Crappy used WASR's were $600, new cheap looking WASR's were $650-$725. Mak90's were $900. Saiga 7.62 x 39 Sporter rifles that were $300 a couple years ago and that were selling recently for $450, were all priced at $650. Freaking Kel-Tec Sub2000's were priced at $500-$800 !!!

Handguns were priced all over the place and I don't think I saw a used Glock priced under $550. I must say though, there were some great deals on shotguns.

After cruising most of the upper level I was pretty much convinced I would not be spending any money today. One thing I did begin to see though was that people were marking down their Saturday "fishing" prices to try to get some stuff sold. Eventually I found a small table with a private seller who had some new and like new rifles. I managed to buy a Hungarian(FEG) AK-47 TGI AMD-65, brand new in the box, for $600 out the door. As insane as all the other AK's were, I thought that was a deal. It was the only one in the building and used cheaper side-folders had significantly higher price tags. Topped that off with a stack of Tapco 30-rounders for only $8.95 each and I'm a happy camper today. Feet are sore as hell(walked the entire thing without stopping) but I'm glad I went.

Gotta give mention to 2 other eye opener things I saw:

1. The Tactical Girls.........OMG the tall blonde with generous helping of silicone !

2. The "Re-Nig, I didn't vote for Obama" stickers.

Last edited:

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a fun time hanging out at the Locked & Loaded table helping Darren. Hope I met some of you if you stopped by.
I picked up a 4th Gen Glock 17 OD from a trade deal I did. Overall I had fun taking my son with me Saturday and working the table today.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had fun. We went on Sunday.
My dad actually went this year, and I had 2 uncles and a cousin and a friend come along as well.

Everyone who brought something to sell at the show, sold it by lunch time, and all but my friend found what else we were looking for and were able to get it for a good price. It pays to shop around a little.

I too was staggered by some of the prices marked on some guns, I just laugh or snicker and say they must not want to sell it that bad.

My dad sold his Taurus and used that money to get a new Ruger MK III, and it was not overmarked, he got a very good deal on it.

I did see a used Glock 19 for $450. 2 hours later I couldn't re-locate it.

All in all, just like all the other shows I go too, I had FUN, that is what it is about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom