what would you chose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd probably go with the same as Michael Cox.
I’d prob just get Michael Cox to sit on the porch and yell at everyone… “Get off my lawn!”

Jokes aside. I went with 9 mm cmmg banshees that take Glock mags. They also suppress well. Ruger pcc 9mm carbine weighs so much more. If the op is ever in okc.. I have different ones you can try.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you were a sickly ,crippled up old man and you needed a lightweight carbine for home defense , patrolling a property or keeping Humus out of the Kibbutz . what would you chose ?
I know the "hip" answer is something in 5.56 or 7.62, but you really can't go wrong with an M-1 carbine, it is light weight, easy to handle and reliable.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mini- 14.

1698155758998.png

Oksailor

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
if you have limited mobility, then they will be coming at you instead of the other way round. I would get a shotgun whatever gage you can shoot comfortably. choose your ammo based on what range you can see and move around in.. 12ga slugs are very effective out to 50+yards while 00 will give you a decent spread at 20 yards and chances are you are going to hit them somewhere even if they are running.
IMHO

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’d prob just get Michael Cox to sit on the porch and yell at everyone… “Get off my lawn!”

Jokes aside. I went with 9 mm cmmg banshees that take Glock mags. They also suppress well. Ruger pcc 9mm carbine weighs so much more. If the op is ever in okc.. I have different ones you can try.
I'm available and can even bring my get off my lawn rifle . If I made enough I might even find a Gran Torino I can afford.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd also look hard at the Keltec carbine. I built an AR 9mm pistol back in the day and it was a disappointment due to weight. A regular AR is probably lighter, though I didn't put it on a scale to find out. It just felt like a "slug".

CZ Scorpion maybe? I'd also look at the M1 carbine but ammo is pricey and can be hard to find, but it would do you really good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom