What would you go with???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want a small CCL gun for summer time carry. I have a Ruger LCR and while it is a decent gun, I am still wanting something slimmer and that is something a revolver with a cylinder will not be able to accomplish.

I think I have narrowed it down to the 3 following guns, anyone own one of these and have any input

-Sig P238
-Kahr PM9
-Kimber Ultra Carry II

Anyone have any input on one of these guns?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah and that is where I am leaning more towards the PM9 as it is a 9mm round versus the .380. Plus .380 is expensive to shoot and hard to find, the 9mm is readily around and the .45 is as well.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 26, but I have been looking at the Kahrs this summer. They are very slim and would be real easy to carry under just a t shirt.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I've never handled the PM9, I do own a CW9 which I've only put about 175 rounds thru and have never had any problems. I like the slim profile and the lack of pinky dangle.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a variety of kahr pistols for carry. I currently carry the k9. I like the added weight of the frame and have no problem carrying it all year around. I owned a p9 covert which had the grip frame of the pm9 and barrel of the p9. Loved it and wish I still had it sometimes for the lighter weight for a grab and go in jogging shorts. The kahrs are excellent guns and very easy to conceal. I chose the 9mm over my previous k40 and p40 for cost of ammo reasons but they were all much easier to conceal than my m&p, beretta, and H&K. May just be me, but the slim frames ride much more comfortably in my ubg or appendix holster.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, customer service is great too. I had replaced my worn rubber grips with wood ones and then realized I was allergic to the type of wood and called to see if I could return them for a new set of rubber grips and they sent me new rubber grips free of charge with grip screws and told me to just sell my wood grips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom