What would you go with???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PM9 and often carry it in a pocket holster. Nice gun, but if you get a new one take the time to clean it well. For whatever reason they ship them out dirty with lots of plastic bits leftover from the molding process. I'd go for the blackened slide option with factory installed night sights. Add a little skateboard tape to the front of the grip.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want a small CCL gun for summer time carry. I have a Ruger LCR and while it is a decent gun, I am still wanting something slimmer and that is something a revolver with a cylinder will not be able to accomplish.

I think I have narrowed it down to the 3 following guns, anyone own one of these and have any input

-Sig P238
-Kahr PM9
-Kimber Ultra Carry II

Anyone have any input on one of these guns?

How can it get any easier to carry than this? I find that an Airweight J-Frame in an IWB, just sorta tucks right in that "sweet spot" around 3:30...and in a pocket holster? Next to invisible, unless you're wearing those tight disco pants. However, I am J-Frame rich and pocket-auto poor and so, I am now looking at a PM9, maybe a CM9, if I can't find a good deal on a PM model, over the other choices available as a pocket option. I have a CW9 and it is also an awesome IWB pistol, but it's just too big for me to carry in the pocket; at least so nobody knows it's there!
[Broken External Image]

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can it get any easier to carry than this? I find that an Airweight J-Frame in an IWB, just sorta tucks right in that "sweet spot" around 3:30...and in a pocket holster? Next to invisible, unless you're wearing those tight disco pants. However, I am J-Frame rich and pocket-auto poor and so, I am now looking at a PM9, maybe a CM9, if I can't find a good deal on a PM model, over the other choices available as a pocket option. I have a CW9 and it is also an awesome IWB pistol, but it's just too big for me to carry in the pocket; at least so nobody knows it's there!
[Broken External Image]

I already have a compact hammerless revolcer, I want something slimmer than what a revolver can provide me. I also have a hard time carrying anything other than in the small of the back (5:00-6:00 zone) and am not able to carry anything on the right hip unless I want to guy buy a bunch of new jeans which I have no intention of doing now. I ride a motorcycle alot of the time so it is hard to have anything up front when I am bent over.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only shot the P238 out of those three, but I'd still probably choose the Kahr. Nothing wrong with the P238, it's a great gun-if not a little ammo sensitive-and very fun to shoot; I'm just a Kahr nut.

JDC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PM9 and love it. I was really surprised by the accuracy of such a small gun. I will second the comment about cleaning a new one before shooting. Mine was over lubricated and seemed dirty from the factory. I have ~500 rounds through mine with no issues.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I really like the looks of the Sig in the end, but the PM9 has a better price to some degree on it. I just wish the Sig came in a 9mm in the same size frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom