Whataburger in KC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"We have several Whataburgers in the Tulsa area, all that I have tried are OK, at best. There is one in Russellville Arkansas, close to the campus of Arkansas Tech University, that is outstanding, and is the busiest hamburger joint in town! People are lined up out into the parking lot at meal time. I fail to understand the difference? Management I would guess?"

Feltner's Whattaburger (with two "t"s) in Russellville isn't a part of the corporate chain. But because they were around before Whataburger trademarked the name in Arkansas, they were allowed to keep it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decades ago they made an outstanding, old fashioned burger at most of their locations. Over the years it seems their QC has dropped off, suppliers change, foods no longer have the same flavours. The only tomatoes I find anymore that taste like tomatoes to me are out of home gardens and some local greenhouses. Most are picked too early, bad texture, and no flavor. Meat is the same way. Feedlots, lots of corn, sugars, starches, and then pack with brine to extend shelf life. Shipped in from overseas. Many also feed livestock dried chicken and turkey droppings which really does not help the flavour. So yes, decades ago Whataburger made a most excellent burger. Now, it is hit and miss. I loved them 40 years ago. Now it is rare to get one but I will in preference to most other heart attacks in a sack.
To me, you just described the problem with most foods. They are not the real foods. Always modified, sprinkled with, pushed somewhere. How about a pocket knife in the garden taste. Tomato, okra, squash, cucumber, pepper. green bean, many others. Yep some need cooked like a potato or others, but how about leaving out the MSG which messes me up also.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I was out getting the wife stuff last night and she wanted an Earl's loaded baked potato, so I got a cheddar burger with grilled onions. Still not bad. I like Johnnies #8 better but was not going to make 2 stops. I still can not decide if I like Earl's potato salad or not, but it is better than cold fries by the time I got home.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like Whataburger. There is not one close to here, but do eat at one when I have a chance. Not a road trip food, need to eat that restaurant or take somewhere.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah and like i said, their burgers are now cheaper than most fast food places.

i remember when Carl's Jr brought out their "Six Dollar Burger" that was supposed to be a restaurant quality burger for only $3.99.

well now the restaurant burgers are still $6 and the fast food burgers are all $8. and i can usually order at the garage, get my food, and eat just as fast as i can sit in the drive thru for a cold burger and soggy fWhen

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just cause folks who have burnt out taste buds eat there does not make us wrong!! :cool:
Braums has without doubt the best milk, and dairy products I have ever had anywhere! They control everything related with producing GREAT Dairy products, and it shows. Most commercial dairy products buy bulk milk, and cream from the open market to process, and have no quality control other than the government standards for these products. There burgers and other fast food is good in my opinion, and is consistant, There breakfast menu is good!There restrauants are always clean, and concidering the help shortage they, and every other food service business is having right now, they have good service! I would rate them near the top of fast food places, and at the VERY TOP for their deary products!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whataburger at Shawnee SUCKS!
How can one fast food joint, in the same chain, that use exactly the same supplies from the same source, to make their food, be good, and the next be bad? The Sonic in Sand Springs has terrible food, and the Sonic in Sapulpa, 5 miles away, is good, and serve the exact same menu?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
How can one fast food joint, in the same chain, that use exactly the same supplies from the same source, to make their food, be good, and the next be bad? The Sonic in Sand Springs has terrible food, and the Sonic in Sapulpa, 5 miles away, is good, and serve the exact same menu?
Management and training of employees.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Linda Mar in west Tulsa is a tasty burger. I need to go get one, and can't forget Arnold's and Weber's.
I have ate at all these, and still prefer Bill's. Arnold's would be MY pick out of these, I found Linda Mars burgers to not be very good, different taste I guess? We eat at Ike's Chili, weekly, now located on 15th St. the oldest restaurant in Tulsa, over 100 years in business, in several different locations, and has the best chili, three way, etc. that I have ever had, and they serve a GREAT hamburger as well!

Latest posts

Top Bottom