What's it #2 - I found this in my tool box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought was that it was a single shot .22 AOW.
With both ends threaded, I agree that it could be a C02 cartridge bicycle tire inflator.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is any clue, the whatsit in question was in the precision tool toll box. I have a special toolbox for precision, one-of-a-kind tools that only do one function. I also keep my taps and dies in it because they don't rust in this box for some reason.:hyper:

To my recollection, I have never used the whatsit, and it was probably purchased in a garage sale box.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't fit a zerk. The openings are threaded.
Lots of zerks are threaded, some are not. There are also several sizes, and threads, both metric and SAE. The ones that are not threaded are called "push-in" fittings. So it could still be a grease fitting. 1/8" NPT & 1/4 NPT are common sizes for SAE grease zerks, but there are also some others. https://www.grainger.com/category/lubrication/fittings-and-hose-systems/grease-fittings

Doesn't prove it IS a grease fitting, but it could be. Silly question for you? How is it in your toolbox and you don't know what it is? Do you just pick up random hardware and put it in your toolbox?

Not snarking on you, either, because I do exactly that. Spent 7 years working in an industrial laundry, picking up pockets full of random hardware... Don't work there anymore, but I've been picking up random hardware wherever I found it since I was a young pup.

Bill

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of zerks are threaded, some are not. There are also several sizes, and threads, both metric and SAE. The ones that are not threaded are called "push-in" fittings. So it could still be a grease fitting. 1/8" NPT & 1/4 NPT are common sizes for SAE grease zerks, but there are also some others. https://www.grainger.com/category/lubrication/fittings-and-hose-systems/grease-fittings

Doesn't prove it IS a grease fitting, but it could be. Silly question for you? How is it in your toolbox and you don't know what it is? Do you just pick up random hardware and put it in your toolbox?

Not snarking on you, either, because I do exactly that. Spent 7 years working in an industrial laundry, picking up pockets full of random hardware... Don't work there anymore, but I've been picking up random hardware wherever I found it since I was a young pup.

Bill
I was under the impression that snarking on Snattlerake was strongly encouraged... are we not supposed to be doing that?! :rollingla

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that snarking on Snattlerake was strongly encouraged... are we not supposed to be doing that?! :rollingla
The way I look at it is you're snarkin on me, you're leaving someone else alone. Reminds me of a female co-worker I had. She said sexual harassment will not be tolerated, it will be graded. We got along great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom