What's the earliest model truck and car that you can remember your parents owning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father farmed, and we always had a pickup truck. I can remember having lats 40's, /early 50's pickups, The one that impressed me as a small child was, the first pickup dad got that didn't have a divided windshield! I think this was a '54 Chevy, and I thought we had hit the big time!! Dad liked to trade vehicles, but my mother tried to slow this down I'm sure they couldn't afford to do this. They were married for 62 years when my mother passed away, one of my brothers was a salesman for a local Ford Dealer, and the 8 years dad lived after that, he traded cars two or three times a year. My brother got him the best deals he could. My parents both grew up in the depression, worked hard and saved every penny they had, and if he enjoyed this it was OK with me!! Great Parents!!

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had trucks and tractors that were older, but the first family car I can remember was a '66 Galaxie 500 fastback. Same Wimbledon White exterior and blue interior as the one in the picture. Even had poverty caps. But rather than the 390 V8 designated by the fender badges on the pictured car, ours had the 240 six and three-on-the-tree.

Attachments

• capture-20231001-114113.jpg
    capture-20231001-114113.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 0

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the guys on here prob rode around in Model Ts and carried 1911's.

Dad had a 78 chevy short wide. Probably the earlier I remember. Loved that thing, might have been 4x4, had white wagon wheels on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom