Whats the going rate for a hunting lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might check this link for a ballpark - lots depends on county(of course). Pottawatomie: 158 ac/$4750 = $30.06/ac. LeFlore: 960 ac/$18000 = $18.75/ac. Caddo: 320 ac/$3490 = $10.90. Pushmataha: 80 ac/$4000 = $50/ac. Looking closer there's also a $150 Hunt Club fee!Oklahoma Hunting Leases | Base Camp Leasing
I know some of those have been available on there for quite awhile. With the level of advertising that BCL has it isn't because the lease is a secret. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, properties with river access are pretty rare birds and should command premium money for sale or lease.
Whitetail properties has a place 4 miles east and a couple miles north of my place with no water or amenities, and they were asking $4250/acre the last time I looked.
Whitetail properties is who we bought through. One of my buddies had already used them on a prior property and liked the sales guy. Hindsight: we got a great deal but at the time I thought $1500/ac was too high.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whitetail properties is who we bought through. One of my buddies had already used them on a prior property and liked the sales guy. Hindsight: we got a great deal but at the time I thought $1500/ac was too high.
Yep. A land purchase is probably going to be a great investment in the long run. I bought a 11/2 acre lot next to my OKC home/property mainly to keep it from being developed into a too close neighbor. I paid $15K for that. Good grief $10K/acre probably 15 years ago. Should I ever go crazy and decide to sell it I would probably triple my investment

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I think y’all got a good deal at $1500 an acre especially with all the pot farmers pushing prices up.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the location. I talked to a rancher the other day that had 100 acres he wanted to put up for a deer lease. 80 acres of it was pasture and 20 acres were trees. He wanted $10 an acre and couldn't get a buyer.
Leased land had to have the potential to produce good deer. If the landowner has pics of big deer year around, they can draw premium price.
80 acres with some dink trees and the occasional doe, isn't going to get an offer.
So uh, who what where??? Let’s get them deets. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom