Whats the going rate for a hunting lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might check this link for a ballpark - lots depends on county(of course). Pottawatomie: 158 ac/$4750 = $30.06/ac. LeFlore: 960 ac/$18000 = $18.75/ac. Caddo: 320 ac/$3490 = $10.90. Pushmataha: 80 ac/$4000 = $50/ac. Looking closer there's also a $150 Hunt Club fee!Oklahoma Hunting Leases | Base Camp Leasing

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quit paying it will come down.
I agree with you, but there’s ALOT of people with ALOT of money. Those people will pay whatever the market will bare, and unfortunately, I don’t ever see prices going back down.

I’ve said it before and will say it again. Though I love my place up there, if someone were to offer me some stupid high price, they can definitely own it, BUT it would have to be pretty ridiculous for me to walk away. :anyone:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you, but there’s ALOT of people with ALOT of money. Those people will pay whatever the market will bare, and unfortunately, I don’t ever see prices going back down.

I’ve said it before and will say it again. Though I love my place up there, if someone were to offer me some stupid high price, they can definitely own it, BUT it would have to be pretty ridiculous for me to walk away. :anyone:
Be tough to part with any land i think part of the price driving problem is Big Buck Properties and the like driving un reasonable prices.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent $1K/acre on my Okfuskee property 9 years ago. The land company was asking $110K and accepted my $80k offer without a counter. That tells you something. This is really crappy land for most use. 80% is in a creek flood plain. I spent $40k building my cabin on it and wouldn’t take $250k for it now. I look at as legacy hunting, get-a-way property I can leave to my kids/grandkids

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent $1K/acre on my Okfuskee property 9 years ago. The land company was asking $110K and accepted my $80k offer without a counter. That tells you something. This is really crappy land for most use. 80% is in a creek flood plain. I spent $40k building my cabin on it and wouldn’t take $250k for it now. I look at as legacy hunting, get-a-way property I can leave to my kids/grandkids
Similar situation. Purchased our land in Okfuskee county almost 4 years ago(3 owners). $1500/ac but it's good property with North Canadian bordering part of it. Put around $40-50K for bunkhouse, well, septic, electricity. Offered $3500/ac earlier this year and declined. Tough decision when it's a 7 figure offer!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Similar situation. Purchased our land in Okfuskee county almost 4 years ago(3 owners). $1500/ac but it's good property with North Canadian bordering part of it. Put around $40-50K for bunkhouse, well, septic, electricity. Offered $3500/ac earlier this year and declined. Tough decision when it's a 7 figure offer!
In my opinion, properties with river access are pretty rare birds and should command premium money for sale or lease.
Whitetail properties has a place 4 miles east and a couple miles north of my place with no water or amenities, and they were asking $4250/acre the last time I looked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom