whats this ring worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I scrape gold your ring as it sits weighs 7.58 grams, gold is selling at $1574. Scrape value is $196.74. You are not going to get much more then that unless the diamonds are really nice. If you bought your ring from a store, you paid anywhere from 700-900% mark up. If you have an appraisal, in the real world you can count on getting about 20-25% of the appraisal.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay walked into the jewelry store in claremore at lunch the dude looked at it for about 10 seconds and said "i'd be a buyer right now at $300"

So I am assuming the diamonds must be pretty nice.

They look like they are about 1/4K each to my naked eye. so a total of aroun 1 1/4ct I think.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ring is similar to that one. Mine has seven diamonds that are a little smaller. Wifey says it is worth around 1500.00. I have teased her that if I ever needed another 1911 I was wearing it. She never gets it.

Trashboat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My ex wife gave me a ring like that when we got married.I traded it for a case of Crown, an Ithaca 12 and a beagle. The beagle wasn't worth nothing. He would tree squirells at night and racoons during the day. He was almost as stupid as my ex wife.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar ring from my first marriage, I got $400 when I sold it. Paid 3x that for it 15 years ago when gold was $300/oz. Good luck, as others have posted, jewelry markups are ridiculous, and the appraisals are a joke too.

I think the high appraisals are scam that the insurances companies are in on too: With a high "value" they charge you a higher premium to insure it, then if they ever do have a loss after years of payments, they replace it at the actual wholesale cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom