What's to drink this weekend???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Went down to the local liquor store this time Old Vine Liquor NW 164th and Penn.....Not Sam's on 63rd and May...on my way home.

Bought a bottle of Fighting Cock bourbon......not bad. 103 proof.....kinda like a spicey Canadian Mist. Not as good as George Dickel, but it'll get me through the weeekend, until I get some more Dickel, Jim Beam Rye(good stuff) or Maker's Mark. I know, gotta try Knob Creek and Maker's Mark 46.

Ohhh Weee....this Fighting Cock will creep up on you....it's good, but remember, it's 103 proof!!!!

http://www.heavenhill.co.nz/prod01_copy(2).htm

So, what's to drink this weekend????......and smoke. I'm finally finishing up a box of Punch and Fonseca Cuban Cigars. Will start a box of....Hmmm, Cohiba Lancero's!!!!! ......:sunbath:

Dang......this Fighting Cock is bitin' me,...maybe I should say...pecking...you know like a Fighting Cock, just a 3rd glass of it. It's the weekend!!!!!

Cohiba

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen that Fighting Cock before ... will have to give it a try ... thanks for the review!

I seem to be on a hard lemonade kick these days ... but if this weather keeps up it won't be long before it is coffee and kaluha for me ...

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MY wife likes coffee and kaluha OR bailey's and coffee.

I use to know a few teachers that before school started they drank kaluha or bailey's ,as a shot of courage to help deal with those bad as# kids. This was in Galveston, Tx.........and that's a whole different story!!!!!

Cohiba

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen that Fighting Cock before ... will have to give it a try ... thanks for the review!

I seem to be on a hard lemonade kick these days ... but if this weather keeps up it won't be long before it is coffee and kaluha for me ...

Oh my God. Hadn't heard that in 40 plus years. Fighting cock, we used to get in the late 60's at a liqour store on 6th east on main in Stillwater, no valid ID required, who cared, and you are correct 103 proof. Ah, the good ol' days at OSU. We used to make a batch of stuff for parties in an ol' bathtub that we called "Afterbirth", sorry but facts are facts. We filled the ol' crow feet bath tub with ice, then every kind of vodla we could buy and then several cans of frozen lemonade. Before the night was over, pints of Rittenhouse Rye whiskey and all else were in there. I must say it was so potent, I was dating a young lady who could drink me under the table in beer any night of the week, but she couldn't handle the AB, afterbirth. I had to carry Vickie in to the dorm, thank God she was a little gal. Thanks for the memories, and "mamories" if I may.
Lone Wolf, but never lonely at OSU!:hellno:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my God. Hadn't heard that in 40 plus years. Fighting cock, we used to get in the late 60's at a liqour store on 6th east on main in Stillwater, no valid ID required, who cared, and you are correct 103 proof. Ah, the good ol' days at OSU. We used to make a batch of stuff for parties in an ol' bathtub that we called "Afterbirth", sorry but facts are facts. We filled the ol' crow feet bath tub with ice, then every kind of vodla we could buy and then several cans of frozen lemonade. Before the night was over, pints of Rittenhouse Rye whiskey and all else were in there. I must say it was so potent, I was dating a young lady who could drink me under the table in beer any night of the week, but she couldn't handle the AB, afterbirth. I had to carry Vickie in to the dorm, thank God she was a little gal. Thanks for the memories, and "mamories" if I may.
Lone Wolf, but never lonely at OSU!:hellno:

It's a good thing you are married to a woman I like, you old codger!! :blush::laugh6:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a good thing you are married to a woman I like, you old codger!! :blush::laugh6:

One of the reasons I married her, and I think I have mentioned this to you and GC was that in the 70's when I met her she was the head bartender at El Zocalo's. That is another story I must share with you because I and my business associates frequented it every day almost. I met my lovely wife, because I tried to pick up her roommate, knowing nothing of her and finally relented in to taking the both to dinner, and well it was all fate from there. And, yes, life is good and someone has always been looking out for me. Know what I mean, BB?

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as.ma.tt_files_2008_11_mcm_3746_840x558.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the reasons I married her, and I think I have mentioned this to you and GC was that in the 70's when I met her she was the head bartender at El Zocalo's. That is another story I must share with you because I and my business associates frequented it every day almost. I met my lovely wife, because I tried to pick up her roommate, knowing nothing of her and finally relented in to taking the both to dinner, and well it was all fate from there. And, yes, life is good and someone has always been looking out for me. Know what I mean, BB?

I most certainly do, my friend. :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom