What's to drink this weekend???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maker's Mark 46 here.

I like it, different scent, different flavor, but I'm going to go against the masses and say that I prefer the original gangsta Maker's over this.. Nothing against 46, but my heart belongs to plain ole Maker's.

It's a bit smokey and harsh compared to Makers eh?

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maker's Mark 46 here.

I like it, different scent, different flavor, but I'm going to go against the masses and say that I prefer the original gangsta Maker's over this.. Nothing against 46, but my heart belongs to plain ole Maker's.

I agree wholeheartedly. I tried the Makers 46 for the first time tonight and it just doesn't have that bold Makers flavor I've come to know and love. Well...that's one more bourbon I've tried and I still can't find any that make me want to stop drinking the Woodford.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a bit smokey and harsh compared to Makers eh?

I agree wholeheartedly. I tried the Makers 46 for the first time tonight and it just doesn't have that bold Makers flavor I've come to know and love. Well...that's one more bourbon I've tried and I still can't find any that make me want to stop drinking the Woodford.

It definitely doesn't seem as smooth as original Maker's. It's tasty, but eh, I probably won't buy another bottle of it. I read up on a few reviews and I figured I was in the minority in saying that original Maker's > Maker's 46.

Neither are the best whisky in town, but the original is what I go for anytime I want a drink of something other than beer. Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers the original.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Went down to the local liquor store this time Old Vine Liquor NW 164th and Penn.....Not Sam's on 63rd and May...on my way home.

Bought a bottle of Fighting Cock bourbon......not bad. 103 proof.....kinda like a spicey Canadian Mist. Not as good as George Dickel, but it'll get me through the weeekend, until I get some more Dickel, Jim Beam Rye(good stuff) or Maker's Mark. I know, gotta try Knob Creek and Maker's Mark 46.

Cohiba

I am not a big fan of Maker's any more, though I prefer it to Knob Creek. If you like Fighting Cock, you may enjoy the Knob Creek (as I find it has that "spice" you mention). I think you should really spring for a bottle of Blanton's or Booker's to try if you have not.
Under 20 a bottle, I find it hard to beat Four Roses (yellow label).

I have not tried Dickel, but I may if it has a more pronounced flavor profile than Jack Daniel's. I find black label and Gentlemen a bit too muted due to the Lincoln County Process (charcoal filtering), though the Single Barrel is nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom