What's your take on this "Super Congress" business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how do we get the ball rolling on this Article 5 Convention? I think we should start with term limits. Poo Poo on these career politicians.

They were actually trying recently.
You don't trust them any further than you can throw them, but you trust them to rewrite the whole thing?

Skip to 2:50 and go from there.

Another in a long, long list of failed PrisonPlanet predictions.

Has there ever been one, Rick?

Not here... but elsewhere there's India. Czechoslovokia. Bulgaria. Portugal. Iran. Georgia. Ukraine. etc etc.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were actually trying recently.
You don't trust them any further than you can throw them, but you trust them to rewrite the whole thing?

Another in a long, long list of failed PrisonPlanet predictions.

What are some more options then? (I don't want that to sound like I'm being confrontational. I really am open to more ideas and thoughts) I think it's pretty dang clear that they (politicians) in Washington aren't listening.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are some more options then? (I don't want that to sound like I'm being confrontational. I really am open to more ideas and thoughts) I think it's pretty dang clear that they (politicians) in Washington aren't listening.

In order to condition an animal against certain behaviors, you have to determine what that animal dislikes. You have to time that disliked event to occur as close to the abberant behavior as possible. You also have to link the disliked event to the abberant behavior. What we need to do now is determine what would cause a Congresscritter to cringe at the very mention of it, that could also be timed so the end result was closely aligned to their vote.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fiscal Conservatives Barred from Supercommittee (Updated)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/fiscal-conservatives-barred-supercommittee_581921.html

The debt ceiling deal will pass the Senate early this afternoon. No suspense there. But the vote will be worth watching for another reason: Three Republican Senate sources tell TWS that senators who vote against the deal will be ineligible to serve on the so-called “supercommittee” for deficit reduction that the legislation creates.

While there’s certain logic to such a policy, it could be self-defeating. Excluding those who vote against the debt deal will ensure that some of the most fiscally conservative members of the Senate Republican caucus, including most of its freshmen, will be reading about the committee’s activities in the newspaper rather than guiding its decisions. Among those who have already declared their opposition to the deal: libertarian-leaning senators Mike Lee and Rand Paul; Jim DeMint, the aggressive fiscal hawk from South Carolina; conservative reformers Ron Johnson from Wisconsin and Pat Toomey from Pennsylvania; the ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee, Jeff Sessions; and Florida’s Marco Rubio, already one of the highest-profile conservatives in Congress.

More worrisome for conservatives, however, is that private whip counts in the Senate found that some 20 Republicans expressed support for the proposals that came out of the Gang of Six. And while many of the components of that plan have merit as individual policy proposals, the package involves compromises on taxes anathema to most conservatives. Picking a Gang of Six member – or supporter – would further antagonize conservatives skeptical of the debt ceiling deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom