When did "We have a deal, I'll take it!" lose its definition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only 2 I've had problems with were sellers. Both posted up a real good deal. I jumped on them. said I'll take it , they answered back OK! then would not response and later replied the Item was sold.
Guess they used my "I'll Take it" to get others to offer more.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this situation sounds like the jerking around that buyers/sellers pull on craigslist or facebook. If one wants to buy an item being sold, don't go off half cocked! one should make sure he or she has the funds to make the purchase. i have had buyers tell me that they want something i'm selling, but they need to scrape up the cash first. i can respect that to a degree as long as the person keeps me in the loop on their end of the deal. to have someone dodge you after making a deal is just sorry and disrespectful, also a waste of time. i've had so many people pull this stuff on me that i don't advertise much of anything for sale until i go through my short list of friends to first see if they are interested in the items i want to part with. most of the time i come out on the upside with friends and not have to deal with this dookie.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I try to only deal with members here or on forums that I am part of. I can usually get a good idea of their attitude and trade history. I have had many deals where I could have made more money elsewhere but figure the peace of mind is worth it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a "member" that has a single post outside of the classifieds and zero feedback. WTF? I don't really care if you don't want to BS with us but it would be nice to see a feedback rating.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is actually still a feedback system in place and IMHO it is better than the previous system that was setup of just posting in a thread. For instance http://www.okshooters.com/trade/nightshade.29706/ If someone screws you over it is your job to post it, same goes if someone is a good person. If all you do is complain without naming names the system will never work. I know there are some people who choose to not post feedback because they don't want someone or another to try and trace their dealings but honestly if they are going to do that they likely will have a whole lot of other means to do so.

I have always thought things through before buying or selling an item and if I accept I stick with it. Some people don't run their lives that way and will end up being someone others will not deal with.

I however agree that if someone can't post a few times here there is no chance I will deal with them. Had someone want me to ship something to Wisconsin with no posts at one point. Said the username was the same here as on another forum but I simply wasn't buying into it.

If someone was to EVER try and bait and switch on me, agree to one price and then try and talk me down afterwards, I would pack my stuff up and be gone even if they pulled out the cash then and there for the originally agreed amount. I would rather sit on something than deal with that kind of jerk.

The ones who only post in the classified area pretty much hit my ignore list. Sorry but this is a community for a lot of things other than making money, if all you want to do is sell stuff get an ecommerce site and buy some advertising. Not to mention the prices on the ones I have seen doing it are above retail prices anyway. Plus it's not hard to post a little bit here and there. I could have a ton more posts easily but I often choose not to get into a bunch of BS and many times I post once and never read a thread again rather than to get into some kind of a mine is bigger than yours contest.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that anyone can sign up and post an ad the same day ,this place ain't much better than armslist

Saddlebum - there is a feedback system and it isn't hard to use. However, if one stubbornly insists that unless its just like "it used to be" it can't be good, then yes everything will seem to stink. However, I do agree with you that the sign-up and go plan invites those who want nothing more than a replacement for FB groups that no longer allow gun sales.

Latest posts

Top Bottom