When did "We have a deal, I'll take it!" lose its definition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are these OSA people that are backing out on deals or yahoos from other sites?

I only recall one guy from here jerking me around on a deal, and he disappeared with some other folks money after everyone thought he was a god for starting a $6 gunshow.

I deal with OSA members 99.9% of the time because there are too many idiots on other sites.

It feels more personal hereasons because no one want's to mess up their reputation by being a dick.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lately it seems like " I'll take it" is the most common response to any ad believing that is the start of a negotiation or have zero means of purchasing. It gets very annoying. Not speaking of OSA just everywhere else in the free world.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tried to leave feedback a couple of times lately and got an error saying I didn't have permission. Not a big deal since they had plenty of feedback already. I just thought I didn't have enough posts to be able to leave feedback. My only concern was making someone think I didn't leave positive feedback on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I've had regrets after PM'ing and posting "I'll take it" before. Not once did I ever back out afterwards. My integrity goes on long after any buyers remorse has faded away.

+1 .. there better be an awful good reason to back out of any deal once it's been agreed upon. what is your word worth?
recently I spoke with a seller that posts primarily to sell on OSA and not much of anything else. we agreed upon a price for a scope and arranged a tentative time to meet. the following day he backs out of the deal completely .. he had way underpriced the scope and realized his mistake.

if that was me .. I'd have eaten the mistake .. NO way I'd back out of an agreed on deal.
now if he had told me that he made an error and asked to be let out of the deal ... no way I would have refused and we would have parted ways on good terms.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've made impulse buys and have followed through even if it was something I regretted. I will deal with the consequences. If I tell someone I'm going to do something, I'm damn sure going to do it.

Below is a long time member's last message to me the morning we were to meet.

Hey Dan, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to buy the rifle. The truth is it was an impulse purchase for me and I need to pay down some debt before I buy any more toys. Hopefully, it will sell quickly for you. I'm sorry, I have no excuse to offer than that. It's 4 am and I've tossed and turned all night worrying about this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom