When you want reliable transportation leave the Harley at the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aabokla

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flatwins, the ape hangers serve one or two purposes. For some it's entirely a visual preference. For me, I have a tall torso and ape hangers are the only way I can ride 7+ hours and not have the middle of my back killing me from being slightly hunched over. I don't have extreme apes. In fact, they are only 14 inches but are still about 1-2 inches below from being level with my shoulders.

While I love drag bars, for any motoring over an hour, my back says no. Consequently, my HD Street Glide with its huge fairing has apes as well. My hands are clearly visible above the fairing.

It's amazing how just an inch difference here or there can make or break rider comfort. But then again, as I've gotten older I've come to realize that I prefer my comfort over looking cool in someone else's estimation.

As for durability, all bikes require regular maintenance and every brand and model has seen time on a mechanic's lift.

ABART_2311 by ab.0703, on Flickr

That's me in the front driving to my wedding this past May.

Latest posts

Top Bottom