When you want reliable transportation leave the Harley at the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you don't like HD's that's OK but don't harp on them being "unreliable" because that shows you don't know what you're talking about. Since the mid 80's, when the EVO came out, they have been among the most reliable bikes manufactured. I have seen EVO's w/over 200K on them. I've never owned one so I'm certainly not biased. In my 44 years of riding I've owned nothing but Japanese machines, and a lot of them. They were all reliable. Prior to the EVO's, the old shovel heads, pans, and knuckles had a less stellar reputation and we(Japanese riders) made fun of them. Not so anymore.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Potato, potato, potato....

Harley Davidson is good for cruising from bar to bar to pick up mindless tattoed 18 year olds when you're fat and over 40. If you want to really ride get something else. The only motor they have worth a crap is in the vrod. That being said I think I need a Harley now. I loved the claim to fame introduction of the evo motor instead of the fendes and whole bike shaking at a stop light you get to watch the motor junp around in the frame like a spastic epileptic. They succeded in finding rubber shock mounting and didn't make the motor any smoother.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Vincent Black Shadow. We're with the, uh, factory team."

1.bp.blogspot.com__hKkYZ9GWzKA_TJLhdPvBplI_AAAAAAAAFv0_l2Fhb__7920284cd74f42086bc52ff02eb30b22.jpg

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Potato, potato, potato....

Harley Davidson is good for cruising from bar to bar to pick up mindless tattoed 18 year olds when you're fat and over 40. If you want to really ride get something else. The only motor they have worth a crap is in the vrod. That being said I think I need a Harley now. I loved the claim to fame introduction of the evo motor instead of the fendes and whole bike shaking at a stop light you get to watch the motor junp around in the frame like a spastic epileptic. They succeded in finding rubber shock mounting and didn't make the motor any smoother.

Bar address? Thx

Latest posts

Top Bottom