When you want reliable transportation leave the Harley at the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cinco said:
Besides the eventual oil puddle from the final drive leak. :werd:

Gotta give ya that! Freakin' final drives. I have a shelf full of spare final drives but we're talking old school BMW stuff from the 70s. I don't mess with much of the new fangled stuff.

I'm a crotchety old purist that keeps flogging the German iron. Airheads forever!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BMW may have sold their bikes at a big loss just to get them into use by a state agency like the OHP.. then will turn around and use it for advertising to other states looking to upgrade their cycles. That is what Glock did... armed a number of LEO agencies around the world on the cheap... then reeled in the profits when other agencies saw what they could do and wanted them too. Plus the civilians see what the police use and want one too. The television show C.H.I.P.S. sold a lot of bikes in its time. Ford sold a lot of Crown Vics doing the same thing.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What more needs to be said than this :

www.dvdtalk.com_reviews_images_reviews_190_1212462808_1.jpg

Last edited:

Dustin98SS1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point of police motorcycles is not to win high speed pursuits. Most people dont run from LEOs and most that do arent skilled 'busa riders either.

I have a 2010 Harley touring bike and have not had one issue with it.

This is not directed at you but what is the point of motorcycle cops? To hide behind signs and give the regular working man/woman speeding tickets? Anytime I've seen them it's just to increase the city's revenue. Just wondering if they do any real police work or would they be better serving the city by crawling out from their hiding places and do some proactive police work. And no, I didn't get pulled over.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not directed at you but what is the point of motorcycle cops? To hide behind signs and give the regular working man/woman speeding tickets? Anytime I've seen them it's just to increase the city's revenue. Just wondering if they do any real police work or would they be better serving the city by crawling out from their hiding places and do some proactive police work. And no, I didn't get pulled over.

They are doing proactive police work, hence them making traffic stops......

Latest posts

Top Bottom