When you want reliable transportation leave the Harley at the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then BMW did the R75 during WWII, with the driven sidecar wheel. Pretty cool since it was essentially a 2 wheel drive 3 wheeler that would run all day in the desert at walking speed alongside the troops.
www.asphm.com_vehicules_bmw_r75_sidecar_photos_IMG_2305.jpg

The Harley XA was a neat machine and is one of very few Harleys I can get excited about. Gimme an old Knucklehead or Panhead maybe and I'd love to fool with it.
[Broken External Image]

Still waiting for an explanation of the reason for ape hanger handlebars, especially with a windshield. Goofiest thing I've ever seen on two wheels.

THIS is the language I speak.
i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_bmw_r75_cafe_racer_1.jpg

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listening to you all bash Harley is like the progressive left justifying gay marriage.

The Harley "B" motor doesn't vibrate. Since the Evo motor oil leaks are a thing of the past and you will find many Harley's with 60k + on the speedo...

Funny how many import cruiser owners try to get the Harley sound and experienced with fairings and bags. If I was going to Alaska for some on/off road I'd pick a BMW. If I was riding in the desert I'd pick a gold wing but otherwise I'll keep my Harley.

I once rode a r1000 but it scared the crap out of me.

Double word.

Why is it so popular to bash American made stuff? And before you spout off about percentages and such, I've found crap that says 98%, 95%, 45%, etc, etc. I don't think the exact official number is out there. Harley Davidson workers are a breed apart from what's protrayed as the typical UAW plant-type worker. They take pride in their work and the company seemed to care about it's workforce. I do know this, they've had massive company-wide restructuring that has cost 3,500 U.S. jobs, 25% of it's workforce. If you think that's funny, you better hope it doesn't happen to you.

As for the picture of that do-dad with the Harley logo with the Made in China on it...there is not one single logo on my bike that looks that crappily made. Aftermarket junk more than likely, whatever it is.

There is no "need" to have BMW bikes for LEO work. To me it's about our own Government abandoning the American worker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom