Where are you in the Concealed Carry Licensing Process?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How far along are you in the Concealed Carry Licensing Process?

• I have not taken my Concealed Carry Class.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have taken my Concealed Carry Class, but I have not turned in my paperwork yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I took my class and have turned in my paperwork, but have not received my license.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I have taken my Concealed Carry Class and have received my license, which is current..

Votes: 46 63.9%
  • I have taken my class, received my license, and renewed it when I came up for expiration.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have taken my class, received my license, but it expired and I did not renew it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine the first year they were available.....1995, I think?
I'm up for renewal in 2 months and this is the first time the 10 year option has been available to me.
But I've actually carried a pistol since I was 17
It was passed in 95, but I think you had to wait until 96 to get it. At least that is when I got mine.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was passed in 95, but I think you had to wait until 96 to get it. At least that is when I got mine.

I think you are correct.
Come to think of it I waited an additional year because I was at the time on a one-year suspended jail sentence...
After that expired I filled out the packet and got the permit.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to hijack the tread but my biggest problem would be using my CCW. i was in a bank of america in catoosa while it was being robbed. I didnt have a CCW with me at that time. but if i did and i shot the guy with the gun, i would either be broke or in jail i fear.. and probably sued civially by the A hole i shot. it just sucks that you have to make several decisions in your head at a split second to use the gun your carrying. I'd rather have it than not but the pussification of our nation makes it hard to use.

oh i carry everywhere i go, except for when i dont.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but if i did and i shot the guy with the gun, i would either be broke or in jail i fear.. and probably sued civially by the A hole i shot..
That could certainly be true depending on a number of factors involved in the actual shooting, particularly including the immediacy/proximity/viability of the threat.
I mean, I think I'd be in much better legal standing if I fired upon a bank robber who was brandishing/threatening at me (and I could reasonably articulate this) rather than just shooting the first guy in the bank I spotted with a gun/ski mask.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to hijack the tread but my biggest problem would be using my CCW. i was in a bank of america in catoosa while it was being robbed. I didnt have a CCW with me at that time. but if i did and i shot the guy with the gun, i would either be broke or in jail i fear.. and probably sued civially by the A hole i shot. it just sucks that you have to make several decisions in your head at a split second to use the gun your carrying. I'd rather have it than not but the pussification of our nation makes it hard to use.

oh i carry everywhere i go, except for when i dont.

There was a guy in my Glock armorer's class a few years ago who was late for class. When he got there he was telling us he had been held up at a convenience store while putting gas in his truck that morning. Apparently he had his gun on him but decided not to draw and just handed over his money. Said there was nothing in his wallet worth killing a man over, even a man who deserved it.

I carry everywhere I go that I'm legally allowed to carry. God willing I'll never have to use it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom